BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > HELP! N55 190F08 - Fuel Tank Ventilation Valve Malfunction

10-05-2022, 08:54 PM   #1
socalengineer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640i F13 Alpine White

HELP! N55 190F08 - Fuel Tank Ventilation Valve Malfunction

Hello All,

My car, 640i, had the HPFP replaced and since then I have been throwing a 190F08 - Fuel Tank Ventilation Valve Malfunction malfunction. The mechanics have not been able to read the DME with ISTA for some weird reason it keeps freezing on them.

So they replaced:
1. Fuel tank ventilation valve
2. NVLD
3. Evap canister

Smoke tested the car. Dealer said they can’t connect to the dme via ISTA. They said I need to replace the DME for them to troubleshoot. I sent the dme over to the ecu pros and they said the dme was fine, but then cas was not coded to the car. They said that the cas unit was causing all of the issues. I got it back, and nothing changed.

Dealer and mechanic say to replace the dme. Any other ideas guys? Ecu pros will clone my dme for $1500 but they said they are not sure that’s the issue. Before HPFP install there was no code.

Car used to be programmed with bootmod3, now it’s back to stock. Mods: charge pipe, fmic, suspension, muffler.

I removed the edc module, but putting it back in has no effect on ISTA operation.

ECU Pros said they could read the dme just fine with ISTA. They said maybe my ZGW has an issue but not sure why the dealer can’t read it with ISTA.

Any ideas guys?

Thank you
Appreciate 0