BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 116iA / N13 idle vibration?

08-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
Galaxy1223
Rep
Drives: 316iA F31

116iA / N13 idle vibration?

Hi,

I had my car tuned few months back and lately I have noticed that the car vibrates almost constantly when idle. Its not massive shaking or anything, just small vibration that can be felt via the seat. It has happened but not as much also before tuning. And yes, people say that N13 and N20 are rough on idle but there has been clear change in the behaviour.

It is not missfire since RPM is static and there are no fault codes visible. Any ideas? Car has done 70000km. Engine looks normal, I havent seen oil leaks or cracks but I will recheck that. Spark plugs? And naturally I could revert the car back to stock but I dont really want to start with that. Anyone had similar issues with F20 N13?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
venatus98
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 SERIES F20

Hi, i got same problem when starting my car, I already changed the spark plugs, change the oil, an o2 sensor i even clean the MAF. Donīt know if it could be an injectors problem. It has done also 70k km, even the other day the engine light turn on and it give me a P0172 code, don't know if it could be a vaccum leak
Appreciate 0