BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Very Interesting & Weird

06-13-2022, 09:57 AM   #1
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Very Interesting & Weird

I was coming back from an up North trip yesterday and needed to get gas. When I filled the car, this is what it reported for the amount of fuel (look at the attached images)! Now I know this an approximate number which the car will adjust as I'm driving but the interesting thing is I've never seen it this high on any of the BMW's that I've owned for the past two decades. The highest I've seen it was around 800 km and usually it would be a very hut day which may affect the sensor but this was not the case yesterday... The temperature was around ˜22 C

Anyone had a similar experience?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 04:24 PM   #2
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
When you say Up North trip, was it a significant road trip compared to your normal length trips? I believe the distance to empty is based on your previous tank. So if you did all highway miles and your mpg (kpg) was higher than normal, it will show a longer range. My current 2022 is the first BMW I have had that is somewhat close to accurate in this regard. Previous models were always very optimistic and would show 400 miles per tank. I never got anywhere remotely close to that.
      06-13-2022, 04:41 PM   #3
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Range is a rolling calculation over the past few miles, so indicated range on fill up, will depend on the current average. If you then drive at a more economical rate, the range can improve even more, before it has to drop due to distance covered. Seen this myself, in my driving.

OP's images indicate a possible improvement in consumption from first to second shot, (8.8 down to 7.1l/100km).
Appreciate 0