BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Retrofitting alcantara m-sport seats in F20 LCI?

09-30-2020, 01:41 AM   #1
jacobtc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20LCI

Retrofitting alcantara m-sport seats in F20 LCI?

I have been dreading the base seats in my F20 LCI for a while now, and have wanted to replace them with their alcantara counterparts. My current seats have heating right now, but no memory or anything. I don't need the memory function in the new seats, as I am the only user of the car.

Are the alcantara seats plug and play if I get them without the memory function? What about the expanding side support they have?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

There's a similar thread here: https://f20.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1291867. Pepppie did not make a full DYI-guide (with pictures) promised though (and changed the car and the username instead ). If you believe he keeps his word that should mean a failure.

LCI/non-LCI doesn't seem to matter: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...&q=52107285857. (Nor does alcantara, I believe. )
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 03:30 PM   #3
vladine
Rep
Drives: F20 LCI 125i

Hello! I recently did this retrofit on my F20 Lci. I had the normal black leather seats with heating and I installed the M Alcantara interior with heating and with inflatable sides. I changed the modules for the seat belts and airbags so I don't get any errors. Basically I kept the original modules from my interior and I installed them on the new one. Everything was plug and play except from the inflatable sides on the Alcantara seats. I had no power on my seat module for them so I cut the cable and got a 12v (or 5v, can't remember exactly) bypass from another cable that was on my module and it worked fine. Installed them 6 months ago with no issues, errors or coding.
Appreciate 0