BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Manual Air-conditioning light flashing

05-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
BMW1994
Rep
Drives: 116i SE

Manual Air-conditioning light flashing

hey guys I'm new to this forum but have recently been having a few issues with my 116i F20

the car is only a couple of months old and fitted with the manual air con system. My problem is when ever i switch the air con on the light will start to flash several times and then go out, then after a while it will start to flash again and then appear as a solid green light. I don't know if any of you have been experiencing similar things on your cars but it be really grateful if you could help me out with this? The air con seems to work fine very cooling etc but i don't know if the light is meant to flash. Im just worried that its actually a problem.

any help would be great
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
aussman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 F20 118i Sports

needs a new circuit board its stuffed see my existing thread
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Mjlbakker
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 G21 318i (in order) - 20

I had the same issue here, but I have the climatronic version. At first the dealer could not find the malfunction, my front windscreen kept on fogging.

First time the dealer filled up the aircon unit reservoir and thaught that was it, but problems keep coming (light flashing or no light and weird smell).

Then when the issue wasnt resolved they replaced the complete control unit in the dash, and that was it!

No further problems in my 118D.
      05-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
BMW1994
Rep
Drives: 116i SE

thanks guys, i think ill book it in to my dealer on monday and mention the control unit. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out. Ill let you know what they say
Appreciate 0