BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > A/C Error codes: 07802B, 078022, 078043

10-25-2021, 01:14 PM   #1
Jackmlgd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

A/C Error codes: 07802B, 078022, 078043

Hello,

I have been having some issues with my Air Conditioning. The car keeps blowing out hot and cold air even when I don't move the dial. I think it has climate control (please see picture of control attached) but it has started to differ massively recently. I have plugged my Carly adapter into the OBD for the diagnostics and it has given me the following fault codes: 07802B, 078022, 078043. I have had a look around but I cannot see what the cause could be.

Could anyone help?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 06:02 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hello.

Yes, you have a "poor man's" automatic climate control, but it's off on your picture, so it's supposed to be stable and relay all the adjustments to you (supposedly: I have a pure manual A/C). I drove a new (about a year old, about 3000 kilometres of mileage) 3 Series loaner once. It had this air conditioning unit too and I just hated it for spitting out portions of hot air sporadically. There was a mentioning of the same issue with a "royal" dual-zone climate here on the forum (no solution).

I made a brief search, too. The three errors come as one and look like a "popular" trio. There is only one solution story I found, though (the refrigerant was low): https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/m...ilure.1394756/, but the complaint there was quite obvious: no cold air blowing.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 06:18 PM   #3
Jackmlgd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Hello,

Thanks for your help. The picture is just one I found online. I do usually tend to have the automatic function on so I’m used to how it adjust the temperature. I have looked more into the error codes and, the same as you, found that the 3 often come together. I have seen a couple of people say that it could be low refrigerant levels - is that the sort of thing an aircon regas would sort ?

Thanks,
Jack
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #4
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmlgd View Post
I have seen a couple of people say that it could be low refrigerant levels - is that the sort of thing an aircon regas would sort ?
Yes, of course! If low refrigerant is really the issue. Just make sure they search for leakage(s), not just refill. It looks like you didn't bother to see the ("foreign") thread I referenced. Perhaps you should.

"The initial sign that your air-con needs re-gassing is, it doesn't feel any different when the AC is switched on and off." You can try to explore this: turn off the automatic mode and play with the air cooling function button. It just looks like you might have cooled air supply interruptions: I don't know if it can be due to low refrigerant or automatic control function (a sensor?) failure. Try the manual (non-automatic) mode to clarify.
Appreciate 0