BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Movies! The movie thread

12-06-2021, 02:59 PM   #2553
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
I'm watching "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" on Firestick.
Is the CGI one? I saw some Resident Evil goodness and started it, then turned it off when I saw it was CGI.
This is the new movie that just came out a week or two ago; it's currently in theaters. It's a throwback to the original game. I enjoyed it!
Loved that game but thought the controls were unnecessarily difficult, set up like the old Asteroids: rotate left, rotate right, push forward to go. Still a good and scary game.
      12-06-2021, 03:02 PM   #2554
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is the CGI one? I saw some Resident Evil goodness and started it, then turned it off when I saw it was CGI.
This is the new movie that just came out a week or two ago; it's currently in theaters. It's a throwback to the original game. I enjoyed it!
Loved that game but thought the controls were unnecessarily difficult, set up like the old Asteroids: rotate left, rotate right, push forward to go. Still a good and scary game.
It's funny that you mention the controls. Looking back, it did seem counter intuitive, but before you knew it, you were running from zombies and other monsters with relative ease. Current gen controls for today's modern games seem more cumbersome to me. Lol!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 03:06 PM   #2555
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's funny that you mention the controls. Looking back, it did seem counter intuitive, but before you knew it, you were running from zombies and other monsters with relative ease. Current gen controls for today's modern games seem more cumbersome to me. Lol!
I think the game was so spooky that when a monster started coming after me I got so scared I forgot how to move.
      12-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #2556
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzufikowo View Post
Guys what do you think about new Bond? I think it is amazing <3
We did not like it at all to be honest....fwiw, we have been fans of prior Bond films, just not this one.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      12-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #2557
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I've got someone putting cinema on my firestick currently. I'll have to check it out.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      12-06-2021, 04:04 PM   #2558
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've got someone putting cinema on my firestick currently. I'll have to check it out.
It's a lifesaver. I use it sooooo much.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-06-2021, 04:30 PM   #2559
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Which app are you using on the Firestick?
I want to watch this immediately!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      12-06-2021, 04:35 PM   #2560
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Quote:
Which app are you using on the Firestick?
I want to watch this immediately!
Cinema HD. Since it is still in the movies, there aren't any HD quality links…..yet! Give it a week or two and then HD quality links will begin to pop up. The "CINEMA HQ-CDN" link is the one I used to watch the movie. You'll know it's the right stream if you see Constantin/Davis-Raccoons Films during the opening credits (…followed by an orphanage scene and some lullaby music).

P.S. The "Hdmo" stream is the proper one as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 04:45 PM   #2561
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cinema HD. Since it is still in the movies, there aren't any HD quality links…..yet! Give it a week or two and then HD quality links will begin to pop up. The "CINEMA HQ-CDN" link is the one I used to watch the movie. You'll know it's the right stream if you see Constantin Films during the opening credits (…followed by an orphanage scene).
Maybe somebody here at home will get me a Firestick for Christmas. I've dropped hints...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      12-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #2562
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

As much as some may be looking forward to the Ghostbusters replacement film, in the movie news about it showing a clip featuring kids driving the original g car rather than adults, the journo talking about it on tv seems to think the new one would suit the 'new generation' of viewers more than the original.
Nothing wrong with the old one journo lad which is suited to young and old alike.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2021, 08:19 AM   #2563
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Kids are fucking soft now. My 5 year old schools online for now and the teacher played a story over halloween with a witch and one kid got all scared and complained ffs. I could have slapped him.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
King Rudi13154.00
      12-07-2021, 08:29 AM   #2564
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Kids are fucking soft now. My 5 year old schools online for now and the teacher played a story over halloween with a witch and one kid got all scared and complained ffs. I could have slapped him.
A witch!?!?!? Are you kidding me???? They even spoke about witches to children at all? How dare they? I'm sorry to inform you, but your five year old most likely needs therapy now.

I spend my days wanting to bitch slap people, while telling them to grow up, grow some balls, have a back bone or just shut up about their problem if they plan to do nothing about it. What do I know? I'm just some 45 year old guy who is considered an asshole because when I skin my knee, I get up, move on with my life and don't write a social media tome about the dangers of gravity and dirt.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 08:31 AM   #2565
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Another kid got scared when they mentioned a troll.

It's women man, upper middle class white women, teaching their kids everything is scary. My nephew is 4 and every 5 minutes......"that's scawrey"
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-07-2021, 09:18 AM   #2566
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
As much as some may be looking forward to the Ghostbusters replacement film, in the movie news about it showing a clip featuring kids driving the original g car rather than adults, the journo talking about it on tv seems to think the new one would suit the 'new generation' of viewers more than the original.
Nothing wrong with the old one journo lad which is suited to young and old alike.
I saw the new film a few weeks ago. It was actually really good and had throwback moments for us oldies who were kids when the original hit movie theaters.
Appreciate 1
Esteban43348.00
      12-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #2567
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
I saw the new film a few weeks ago. It was actually really good and had throwback moments for us oldies who were kids when the original hit movie theaters.
I'm not too keen on rehashes of the older films, why don't they just think of something new instead of using the older title as a theme then saying it suits the new generation whoever that is, so well, in that case nah won't be seeing this film.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      12-07-2021, 09:52 AM   #2568
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
It is SUPER easy to install. My sis waited for me to do it then watched me and said "That's it?" Yep. LOL

EDIT - I also use Cyberflix a lot. If you sign up and wait a bit - you'll be invited to the VIP version for a small charge and I use that a lot for MMA replays. It's a nice alternative too.

Last edited by unluky; 12-07-2021 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50
King Rudi13154.00
      12-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #2569
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looking forward to this one. Was not a kid when the original came out but watched it with my kids and loved it. Pretty sure I'll like this one too. Also, I'm a fan of Paul Rudd.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      12-07-2021, 10:43 AM   #2570
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
It is SUPER easy to install. My sis waited for me to do it then watched me and said "That's it?" Yep. LOL

EDIT - I also use Cyberflix a lot. If you sign up and wait a bit - you'll be invited to the VIP version for a small charge and I use that a lot for MMA replays. It's a nice alternative too.
I had already installed Kodi on my firestick. It is extremely easy. I'm no stranger to software and work-arounds. I used to consider myself a bit of a pirate. I miss the days of key gens. The girlfriends son installed Cinema on their firestick. He has a ton of free time, so I told him I'd pay him to do mine. My free time to do such things doesn't exist anymore.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #2571
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
I had already installed Kodi on my firestick. It is extremely easy. I'm no stranger to software and work-arounds. I used to consider myself a bit of a pirate. I miss the days of key gens. The girlfriends son installed Cinema on their firestick. He has a ton of free time, so I told him I'd pay him to do mine. My free time to do such things doesn't exist anymore.
LOL - I would have taken me longer to take the stick to them! It's 15 minutes tops. Firestick keeps making it easy to be a Pirate.....Arrrrggggg
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      12-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #2572
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
LOL - I would have taken me longer to take the stick to them! It's 15 minutes tops. Firestick keeps making it easy to be a Pirate.....Arrrrggggg
Which Firesticks are you using? I'm currently getting all my content streaming using an Apple TV, netflix, Prime etc. Thinking of expanding my options.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      12-07-2021, 11:05 AM   #2573
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Gotta be a US thing, I had firesticks and there was none of this free content. Not to mention the remote failed on all of them so I replaced them with the FAR, FAR superior Bell streamers.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      12-07-2021, 11:18 AM   #2574
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Eh, I'm at her house, or she's at mine every day. I don't even think I took it over there. If I recall correctly, I gave it to her at my house and asked him later. Sadly, that was weeks ago and I forgot all about it until yesterday when I stumbled in here. I did download all the seasons of Dexter to get caught up in the past few weeks. Instantly got hate email from Charter. I know, I know....VPN....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Gotta be a US thing, I had firesticks and there was none of this free content. Not to mention the remote failed on all of them so I replaced them with the FAR, FAR superior Bell streamers.
The free content is available if you're good with google and know how to ask the right questions. It's a simple download and just a few minutes of running a file.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50
unluky7519.00