BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Problems To Update Maps

12-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
FEDEANC
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Problems To Update Maps

I'm trying to update the maps but at the end of the update I have this error, as photos.

Someone can help me ?

The file is 22gb and the usb key are 32gb, and it's fa32, so usb key it's ok.

I have tryed a lot of time but nothing to do.

The error is a popup from the BMW program, not from windows or usb key
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

• Make sure your hard disk drive isn't full and is error free. It appears a decompression error: the "BMW program" is trying to decompress the data downloaded before transferring it to the target USB device. Decompression takes extra disk space for temporary data.

• If the file you mention ("The file is 22gb") has the ".zip" extension (an "unzip" error is reported) check it's validity by entering it in Windows to see the contents or just extract all it's contents straight to your USB.

Make sure your USB memory stick actually has enough free space (all free), is error free and not locked to prevent writing: decompression process can write the data being extracted straight to the target device rather than extract to copy which would consume even more source disk space.

Last edited by No one; 12-11-2017 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Added USB note.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 02:47 AM   #3
FEDEANC
Rep

there are not errore or full of my hard disck. The error as in the photo appears at the end of decompression, at a 100% appears the error as in the photo. There are a lot of space in my had disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
  • Make sure your hard disk drive isn't full and is error free. It appears a decompression error: the "BMW program" is trying to decompress the data downloaded before transferring it to the target USB device. Decompression takes extra disk space for temporary data.

How to check the unzip error in the windos?
    Not errors appears in my usb key for not space
  • If the file you mention ("The file is 22gb") has the ".zip" extension (an "unzip" error is reported) check it's validity by entering it in Windows to see the contents or just extract all it's contents straight to your USB.

Make sure your USB memory stick actually has enough free space (all free), is error free and not locked to prevent writing: decompression process can write the data being extracted straight to the target device rather than extract to copy which would consume even more source disk space.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 03:04 AM   #4
No one
Major
Rep

So, if I get it right the decompression happens after you've selected your USB to put the decompressed files to, can you try decompressing to your hard disk instead of USB?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 03:30 AM   #5
FEDEANC
Rep

Yes sure, that's right, i have already tryed to decompress in my hard disk, and there are not errors, but then when i will put the decompresses files in my usb key and i will put in my car dont' start the usb bmw program.

I'm checking my windows and i have not installaed winzip, but only winrar, i'm installing now winzip and retry to install map upgrade, what do you think ?

Quote:
So, if I get it right the decompression happens after you've selected your USB to put the decompressed files to, can you try decompressing to your hard disk instead of USB?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 04:05 AM   #6
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEDEANC View Post
I'm checking my windows and i have not installaed winzip, but only winrar, i'm installing now winzip and retry to install map upgrade, what do you think ?
You don't need WinZip: Windows 7, at least, has zip/unzip support integrated in the (file system) Explorer and the BMW's Download Manager makes use of it's embedded decompress functionality: they don't request you have WinZip available, do they?

Quote:
Yes sure, that's right, i have already tryed to decompress in my hard disk, and there are not errors, but then when i will put the decompresses files in my usb key and i will put in my car dont' start the usb bmw program.
Make sure ALL extracted files are copied, "system" and "hidden" included (that is, make "system" and "hidden" files shown in the Windows Explorer's view properties so you can see/select them).
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 04:21 AM   #7
FEDEANC
Rep

i'm reystalling the maps update: i have however reynstalled winzip

Quote:
You don't need WinZip: Windows 7, at least, has zip/unzip support integrated in the (file system) Explorer and the BMW's Download Manager makes use of it's embedded decompress functionality: they don't request you have WinZip available, do they?

Sorry but i dont' understand: the software bmw connected drive save the folder in ; c: users, my name : bmw-dlm : dll: Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip

i dont' understand why i have to do with file system and hidden: i must search in my windows and then ???

Make sure ALL extracted files are copied, "system" and "hidden" included (that is, make "system" and "hidden" files shown in the Windows Explorer's view properties so you can see/select them).
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 04:22 AM   #8
FEDEANC
Rep

Sorry but i dont' understand: the software bmw connected drive save the folder in ; c: users, my name : bmw-dlm : dll: Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip

i dont' understand why i have to do with file system and hidden: i must search in my windows and then ???
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 04:46 AM   #9
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
All right, you've got the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" that presumably contains all the data. Once you've got WinZip, use it to open and "Test" this file for validity/integrity. Then, using WinZip again, extract all the file's contents (directory structure preserved) into your USB.

Quote:
So you mean you tried to copy the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" file to your USB memory stick and try it with your car? That wouldn't work, of course: you have to decompress the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" onto your USB, that is, have all the archive's contents extracted and copied to the memory stick. No need to put the archive to the USB!

When you mentioned you had extracted the data to your hard disk successfully, copied it to the USB and that did not work in your car I thought you had copied the extracted data using Windows Explorer which, by default, does not show files/directories marked "system" or "hidden" and you could have omitted some of the data because of that.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #10
FEDEANC
Rep

yes, exactly, I had extracted and then copied, but now I'm extracting the files with winzip directly into the usb key.
Now I do not have a car to try, tomorrow I'll try and I'll write if everything will ok
for now, thank you very much

Quote:
All right, you've got the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" that presumably contains all the data. Once you've got WinZip, use it to open and "Test" this file for validity/integrity. Then, using WinZip again, extract all the file's contents (directory structure preserved) into your USB.

So you mean you tried to copy the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" file to your USB memory stick and try it with your car? That wouldn't work, of course: you have to decompress the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" onto your USB, that is, have all the archive's contents extracted and copied to the memory stick. No need to put the archive to the USB!

When you mentioned you had extracted the data to your hard disk successfully, copied it to the USB and that did not work in your car I thought you had copied the extracted data using Windows Explorer which, by default, does not show files/directories marked "system" or "hidden" and you could have omitted some of the data because of that.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #11
FEDEANC
Rep

ok the unzip into usb key is ok, without any errors.
Now i must put the key into my car and try
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #12
kinou
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120d f20

ok bonsoir, et alors ? es ce que ça fonctionne dans la boite a gants maintenant quand vous insérez la clef usb?
Appreciate 0