BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > F20 Cruise Control Retrofit

01-10-2024, 04:17 AM   #111
dresilva84
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116 F20 '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLyme View Post
Hello guys, i'm in dispair. I bought a F20 from 2013 and i'm trying to retrofit Mfsw and Dcc. My car came without any of these two( simple straight steering wheel). I've managed to vo code 249 abd 544. Media buttons work, coded set button to act like lim button and is working( nor lim or cruise light lit up in dashboard). When i press cruise it shows " cruise control ready" and when i try to set the speed " cruise control faillure". Do you think flashing the bkombi and the dependents will help me? Thanks a lot
Possibly because of cluster, mine does that because it down's have that option on Cluster

If you make cluster test ( tons of explanation on Youtube ) you check if green dot appears next to miles/kilometers counter
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 02:56 AM   #112
Persian
Rep
Drives: F30

Hello,

Even if the questions and answers regarding troubleshooting were a while ago, you could still get help or a solution for the cruise control/with or without ACC for the F models.

Now I also have a question regarding the message (cruise control system failed). The only difference is my error message code: 48002D ICM,ACC: interface combination in the program (Ista), with most of the other errors in the other forums.

Just the basic knowledge so that there are no questions afterwards: I have already retrofitted several of my vehicles with full equipment and managed to do a lot of things that are very rare and therefore I know the F models F2X F3X... (very well). Now for the description of the error: It's about one of my vehicles Bmw F31 that was retrofitted with ACC: If I activate cruise control, even if I switch off the ACC on the steering wheel, there is still no error. The error message only appears as soon as you press the setting speed on the steering wheel. This also applies to the Lim button on the steering wheel. However, you can see that the number on the speedometer increases or decreases when you press it without changing the speed of the vehicle. The buttons themselves seem to work on both sides of the steering wheel. Of course I have several MFT/DSC/ICM... for ACC and could check whether it's the buttons (breakage/corrosion..), switching center or something else. I just wanted to ask if anyone had already had the same error message in the system before I check all the components/control devices/plugs that depend on each other, as it is a bit time-consuming and especially in winter. I'll check one or two components in the meantime, maybe I'll find the cause in the next few days and still enter the cause for the next person who has a similar message.

Just for info. (Everything works in the speedometer test/combi test, Acc sensors are not dirty, Acc had always worked,
My cruise control in the F31 has been working for 3 years).

I thank you in advance.

Last edited by Persian; 01-13-2024 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 03:47 AM   #113
IJO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 116I F20

Did you fit the correct buttons on the wheel?

I changed the limiter controls on mine to the Cruise Control version bought from ebay.

After doing the coding, when I drove off I had many warning lights and cruise control / kombi messages. But after I stopped at a turning and set off again, they all cleared and the CC has worked ever since.

My suspicion is that the limiter version does not send the correct data to the ecu, compared to a dedicated CC button panel. (so the ecu doesn't see a signal for CC activation.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 03:08 PM   #114
Persian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJO View Post
Did you fit the correct buttons on the wheel?

I changed the limiter controls on mine to the Cruise Control version bought from ebay.

After doing the coding, when I drove off I had many warning lights and cruise control / kombi messages. But after I stopped at a turning and set off again, they all cleared and the CC has worked ever since.

My suspicion is that the limiter version does not send the correct data to the ecu, compared to a dedicated CC button panel. (so the ecu doesn't see a signal for CC activation.
Hello, cruise control and ACC have been working for 3 years. The problem only occurred recently in the winter. As I said, I know about retrofitting and coding. I'm just concerned with the cause of the error. My F30, upgraded to acc, has been working for 6 years.

Still, thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 08:34 PM   #115
Persian
Rep

So the problem is solved.

Strangely enough, the SA 249 MFL code was already missing from the factory in the FA, although 544 with an MFL was also available from the factory. Although I removed 544 about 3 years ago and inserted 5DF or ACC in the FA, the function was still there without an error message until recently. Nevertheless, it now works thanks to entry 249 with the coding of the individual control units FEM, Kombi, Icm.. Without error messages/problems.

P.S. (Sometimes the search for the cause of the error can be very short, but if you don't know it, the search, as with all activities, is very time-consuming )

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0