BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2022: US GP - Miami (May 8)

05-09-2022, 06:05 PM   #595
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah . Too bad for Checo with the sensor issue , he was running well and he was saving his tyres ..
But then out of nowhere....I'm losing power and he lost at that moment at least 6-7 sec. !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Checo only caught up with Sainz because he took on new mediums and the Ferrari's didn't take any fresh rubber so shame he couldn't take 3rd from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
He got that lost time back when SAI had a bad pitstop

TBH I think Checo and Carlos were very evenly matched in the race.
Yes . But I just read that Checo lost 30/40 HP with his broken sensor , the issue was quickly detected from behind the pitwall ..

But that wasn't all of the bad luck , because Checo's HONDA PU was suddenly 10-12 kph slower at the long straight by the broken sensor !
This was for the rest of the race ...

So , I'm saying the reliability of the RB18 actually really s@cks ..

On the other hand : Let's keep in mind that MAX struggled through FP-1 with several issues like :

1- Rear brakes in fire (flames)
2- Overheating of the gearbox , followed with a gearbox replacement
3- Several hydraulic malfunctions

MAX ran 4 laps in FP-1 , for the rest of the time his car was in the box for repairs ...

IMHO. Currently the reliability of the RB18 really s@cks (again) that's why MAX got 2 DNF's in 4 races .
If it wasn't , MAX would lead now this WDC by a large margin . Easily !

Too bad !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 5
irunalot1518.00
NYG10742.50
M5Rick60075.00
GuidoK10856.50
DrFerry6728.50
      05-09-2022, 06:14 PM   #596
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Ralf Schumacher has slammed HAM and VET for their childish behaviour at Miami with one wearing a ridiculous amount of jewellery and watches while the other was walking around with his underpants on the outside of his race suit.
Both of them should GTFO of F1.
Most clowns work in a duo .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
NYG10742.50
M5Rick60075.00
DrFerry6728.50
      05-09-2022, 06:15 PM   #597
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
You think max trying to start a fist fight with Ocon is classy behavior ?
I don't know where you come from but where I come from a fist fight looks very different....
I think everyone gets a little bit mad when Ocon casually shakes his shoulders as if he did nothing wrong..

Piquet - Salazar (1982 I believe) was more entertaining to watch (and a comparable crash situation)

Then again, these are emotions, and putting your underpants over your racegear are provocations. So not really the same imho.
I think the FIA has objective reasons to have drivers race without jewelry and non flamable underwear. This is a safety issue I think.

They (FIA) probably want to rule out situations like when things go wrong and say when a driver gets in the hospital unconcious and gets an MRI right away they miss something like a subdermal piercing or so causing further damage. That kind of stuff.
Look it's always good to have discussions regarding safety but I don't necessarily agree with banning what a driver wears.

While your point is valid, is it enough where the FIA should ban jewellery? Of the number of races, how many times have drivers suffered serious injuries where earrings or necklaces got in the way? Now look at American football players where your point is more applicable based on the frequency of injuries yet there's no ban on jewellery.

Not saying you're right/wrong but if the drivers are aware of the dangers, let them sign a waiver.
Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00
      05-09-2022, 06:44 PM   #598
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

You sign a waiver that you might die or be seriously injured. Let people wear jewellery or drive commando, I don't care. I don't remember anyone getting into a serious accident and never driving again due to an earring. The drivers have always been allowed to express themselves, after all they are individuals not robots. For me the personalities add to the sport.
Appreciate 1
Artemis29417.50
      05-09-2022, 08:10 PM   #599
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

P6

No COVID in da club with bb?

What does bb mean?
Attached Images

05-09-2022, 08:14 PM   #600
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
No COVID in da club with bb?
What in the blue hell is a "bb"
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60075.00
      05-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #601
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

bb = baby

Are you surprised?
Appreciate 3
      05-09-2022, 11:35 PM   #602
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

albon in the points!!!!
Appreciate 1
NYG10742.50
      05-10-2022, 03:19 AM   #603
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Yes . But I just read that Checo lost 30/40 HP with his broken sensor , the issue was quickly detected from behind the pitwall ..

But that wasn't all of the bad luck , because Checo's HONDA PU was suddenly 10-12 kph slower at the long straight by the broken sensor !
This was for the rest of the race ...
True, Checo was down on power after that incident. But he couldn't pass SAI before the incident, where Max could (pass LEC).
Of course we don't know if Max runs the same downforce as Checo, and maybe Checo was little down on power to begin with. Who knows.

But there are a lot of reliablility issues for sure. Luckily reliability issues always solve over time. Getting a slow but reliable engine faster is way more difficult.
So I'm sure RB gets things sorted eventually. Lets just hope there are no more DNF.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-10-2022 at 03:34 AM..
Appreciate 3
NYG10742.50
Bubbles2753.00
      05-10-2022, 03:28 AM   #604
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Not saying you're right/wrong but if the drivers are aware of the dangers, let them sign a waiver.
Signing a waiver is something you do to avoid responsibility.
That is the least thing the FIA is interested in.

The FIA invests a hunderds of millions in getting the sport safer (think track adaptations, technical changes etc). They are interested in a safe sport, because physical injuries give the sport a really bad name.
That's where the FIA's interest lie. The safety of motorsports has been a very very heavy social discussion for about 5 decades now, especially when it comes to F1 (at least here in europe) as it is the 'kings class", that it's fully understandable that the FIA wants to rule out risks that don't impede the sport.
So they carefully balance on the one side making things really safe, and on the other side keeping the sport intriguing to watch.
Wearing jewelry fits in neither and solving things with 'signing a waiver' doesn't solve anything. It's not why the FIA does this.

Quote:
how many times have drivers suffered serious injuries where earrings or necklaces got in the way?
I don't know, but does the FIA have to wait until that scenario happens?
Jewelry serves no purpose in the racecar. Nobody sees it, and it poses a greater risk compared to no jewelry.

Quote:
Look it's always good to have discussions regarding safety but I don't necessarily agree with banning what a driver wears.
What a driver wears in a racecar is already very much under FIA rule (fire resisitant race suits). All again: safety. This is just an extention to that.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-10-2022 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60075.00
NYG10742.50
      05-10-2022, 04:01 AM   #605
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Most clowns work in a duo .
Dumb and dumber
Appreciate 3
NYG10742.50
      05-10-2022, 04:08 AM   #606
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
True, Checo was down on power after that incident. But he couldn't pass SAI before the incident, where Max could (pass LEC).
Of course we don't know if Max runs the same downforce as Checo, and maybe Checo was little down on power to begin with. Who knows.

But there are a lot of reliablility issues for sure. Luckily reliability issues always solve over time. Getting a slow but reliable engine faster is way more difficult.
So I'm sure RB gets things sorted eventually. Lets just hope there are no more DNF.
I think for more reliability Checo was down a little bit hp anyway and with the lower fuel and fresh mediums later it made it look as if he was back up to par.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      05-10-2022, 04:25 AM   #607
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
Please. Other drivers have done worse.

You think max trying to start a fist fight with Ocon is classy behavior ?

Let people show their personality when it doesn't hurt others.
If anyone wanted to escalate it to a ff then Ocon was going the right way about it on the track.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      05-10-2022, 05:08 AM   #608
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Let's hope so , and I agree completely

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60075.00
NYG10742.50
DrFerry6728.50
      05-10-2022, 05:21 AM   #609
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I don't know where you come from but where I come from a fist fight looks very different....
I think everyone gets a little bit mad when Ocon casually shakes his shoulders as if he did nothing wrong..

Piquet - Salazar (1982 I believe) was more entertaining to watch (and a comparable crash situation)

Then again, these are emotions, and putting your underpants over your racegear are provocations. So not really the same imho.
I think the FIA has objective reasons to have drivers race without jewelry and non flamable underwear. This is a safety issue I think.

They (FIA) probably want to rule out situations like when things go wrong and say when a driver gets in the hospital unconcious and gets an MRI right away they miss something like a subdermal piercing or so causing further damage. That kind of stuff.
Check out Ocon's 'exasperating face expression . He's such a piece of 5H1T ..
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
M5Rick60075.00
DrFerry6728.50
NYG10742.50
      05-10-2022, 05:39 AM   #610
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

yes he acted like he totally didn't care.

Also that incident was different like so many other race incidents. For example take the Norris Gasly crash. Gasly just didn't see Norris. He might have paid too little attention, but it's not something you plan for in advance (like: you know what: I'm not gonna pay thàt much attention).

But with the Ocon/Verstappen crash, it was planning in advance. Not that Ocon planned to ram Max, but he planned to unlap himself, on a spot that wasn't safe and non intruding.
Unlapping is permitted, but only if it doesn't hinder the leading car. Which clearly wasn't the case, hence the crash. (if the leader has to go off the racing line, or even brake in advance, you're already in the wrong)
In this instance Ocon clearly didn't care for the rules in prospect and took the unnecessary risk to overtake in that spot, resulting in the crash.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60075.00
NYG10742.50
      05-10-2022, 05:47 AM   #611
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Check out Ocon's 'exasperating face expression . He's such a piece of 5H1T ..
It was tempting at that moment for Max to throw one but thank goodness he held back as it would have been the red carpet in Paris and I'm sure BOT and Hartley didn't think much of OCO then.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      05-10-2022, 09:34 AM   #612
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

SuperMax has officially passed Juan Manuel Fangio for 15th of all time in laps led.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60075.00
      05-10-2022, 09:36 AM   #613
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

SuperMax is also now tied at 12th of all time in race wins with his father in law and Nico.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60075.00
      05-10-2022, 09:41 AM   #614
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Race winning monster vs. Innovative porpoising mid-field shitbox
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-10-2022, 09:47 AM   #615
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
bb = baby

Are you surprised?
Ok, assumed it was an Aussie phrase.
      05-10-2022, 09:55 AM   #616
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Signing a waiver is something you do to avoid responsibility.
That is the least thing the FIA is interested in.

The FIA invests a hunderds of millions in getting the sport safer (think track adaptations, technical changes etc). They are interested in a safe sport, because physical injuries give the sport a really bad name.
That's where the FIA's interest lie. The safety of motorsports has been a very very heavy social discussion for about 5 decades now, especially when it comes to F1 (at least here in europe) as it is the 'kings class", that it's fully understandable that the FIA wants to rule out risks that don't impede the sport.
So they carefully balance on the one side making things really safe, and on the other side keeping the sport intriguing to watch.
Wearing jewelry fits in neither and solving things with 'signing a waiver' doesn't solve anything. It's not why the FIA does this.

Quote:
how many times have drivers suffered serious injuries where earrings or necklaces got in the way?
I don't know, but does the FIA have to wait until that scenario happens?
Jewelry serves no purpose in the racecar. Nobody sees it, and it poses a greater risk compared to no jewelry.

Quote:
What a driver wears in a racecar is already very much under FIA rule (fire resisitant race suits). All again: safety. This is just an extention to that.
You are making an argument based on what might happen with zero statistics backing a claim.

All the other things you mentioned like barriers, race suits, helmets all have hard proven statistics behind them. Thus a mandate that makes sense, as it's based in facts. I can even agree on the underwear as it's clothing.

If the FIA wants to ban anything at all there needs to be statics and proof, not assumptions.

Show me stats on injured drivers due to earrings and I'll happily support it. Where is the FIA crash test data on Prince Alberts in a 51G collision? They test absolutely everything that's in the regulations. They burn suits, shoot projectiles at helmets, slam dummy drivers heads into cockpits. Where are the statistics on jewelry?

What's next no tats 30 days before a race..
Appreciate 0