BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMWCCA M Chapter
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2021, 09:26 AM   #1
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
BMWCCA M Chapter

I was wondering what forum members think about the new BMWCCA M chapter.

I am undecided whether to add this to my local chapter.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 09:33 AM   #2
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
For those interested the next M Chapter virtual event is this Wednesday.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...w-cca-m-586849
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
7653
Rep
7,864
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/X5 35/MiniCS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

I'm a member, i like it!
Appreciate 2
DanG3262.00
pseto491.50

      02-22-2021, 08:07 PM   #4
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
With all the M owners on this forum I am amazed that we have heard only one owner’s opinion.

I hope we can hear from more owners.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 05:23 AM   #5
CSBM5
Colonel
CSBM5's Avatar
1835
Rep
2,661
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
With all the M owners on this forum I am amazed that we have heard only one owner’s opinion.

I hope we can hear from more owners.
I've not seen the benefit (yet) of adding it to my CCA membership (40+ year member CCA). I suppose those who do not have an active local chapter they support, etc, might be better served with M chapter as the primary and only choice? I have an outstanding local CCA chapter (Sandlapper) along with two nearby chapters (Peachtree and Tarheel) with great driving events also (track, autocross) and have at times had dual and triple chapters on my membership to get early access to registrations.

What specifically is useful about paying for an additional chapter for the M chapter? Interestingly, their web page lists off the benefits which are simply the CCA membership benefits other than a mention of "members only events" -- is that implying that the M chapter is planning on specific driving events just for M chapter members? I would think not, but then again perhaps it will be run different from the traditional CCA chapters (who might limit registration initially to their local chapter but then open it up to all CCA members after a given date). Given the proliferation of track and autocross events (at least in this part of the country) at many venues and many clubs, I'm not sure how that is going to work out for it.
__________________
Current Stable:
2019 F87 M2 Competition 6MT, LBB, slicktop, exec pkg
2011.5 E90 M3 6MT Silverstone II, slicktop, Dinan/Eibach, Apex 9.5/10.5x19 with PS4S
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, 219Ms
1975 CanAm 125MX2, stock, original owner
Appreciate 2
DanG3262.00
pseto491.50

      02-23-2021, 05:37 AM   #6
carchrism5
Major
carchrism5's Avatar
United_States
104
Rep
1,309
Posts

Drives: F87 M2, G01 X3 M40i, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stamford, CT

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
What specifically is useful about paying for an additional chapter for the M chapter? Interestingly, their web page lists off the benefits which are simply the CCA membership benefits other than a mention of "members only events" -- is that implying that the M chapter is planning on specific driving events just for M chapter members? I would think not, but then again perhaps it will be run different from the traditional CCA chapters (who might limit registration initially to their local chapter but then open it up to all CCA members after a given date). Given the proliferation of track and autocross events (at least in this part of the country) at many venues and many clubs, I'm not sure how that is going to work out for it.
I had the same questions too but my local chapter isn't as active and was looking for more events and content. I follow the Tarheel and NCC chapters since I have family in those areas and have been to a number of events with those groups. They do excellent stuff, Doug Verner and the people are awesome, they really got me back involved in CCA stuff after sitting quiet for a few years.

I joined the M Chapter and what I have noticed so far is they are currently having Zoom events that I don't think are listed elsewhere, some M Chapter content and I think a newsletter like local chapters. Additionally one of the things is some events like the CCA M Track Day gives preference to M Chapter members but I'm not sure if there are track events are exclusive to the M Chapter, I kind of doubt they would be.
Appreciate 2
CSBM51834.50
DanG3262.00

      02-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #7
VAcurler
New Member
6
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: 2009 328i e90 MT
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

One question I've always had on them is what is considered an M car? M2, M2C and M2C2 obviously yes, but what about the M Lite series (M240i, etc.)? They don't make an M2 convertible otherwise I would have bought it so I got the M240i (currently sitting in Bremerhaven) as the M4 convertible was too large (and either had a hard top or buck teeth)
Appreciate 1
..Rush..599.00

      02-23-2021, 05:38 PM   #8
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAcurler View Post
One question I've always had on them is what is considered an M car? M2, M2C and M2C2 obviously yes, but what about the M Lite series (M240i, etc.)? They don't make an M2 convertible otherwise I would have bought it so I got the M240i (currently sitting in Bremerhaven) as the M4 convertible was too large (and either had a hard top or buck teeth)
BMWCCA counts M Sport cars (like M240i and M340i) as M cars as well as true M cars like M2 M3 M4 M5 and M8. Not everyone agrees with them but that is what they have done.
Appreciate 1
..Rush..599.00

      02-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #9
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
horsepower_and_hounds's Avatar
United_States
1460
Rep
3,869
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 BSM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (6)

I signed up for tomorrows virtual event......
__________________
IG: horsepower_and_hounds
'15 M4 BSM DCT CCB, '15 Alfa Romeo 4c coupe "sold", '18 M2 "sold", '15 M4 "totaled", '14 M235 "sold", '09 128i "sold"
Appreciate 1
pseto491.50

      02-23-2021, 06:45 PM   #10
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
I signed up for tomorrows virtual event......
I did too.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 08:11 AM   #11
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
horsepower_and_hounds's Avatar
United_States
1460
Rep
3,869
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 BSM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (6)

I am still trying to figure out the whole M chapter. They commented.....

"For those who haven't joined BMW CCA and/or added M Chapter as a primary or secondary chapter"

Is it additional? Can you just join it instead of your local chapter.... etc etc
__________________
IG: horsepower_and_hounds
'15 M4 BSM DCT CCB, '15 Alfa Romeo 4c coupe "sold", '18 M2 "sold", '15 M4 "totaled", '14 M235 "sold", '09 128i "sold"
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #12
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
I am still trying to figure out the whole M chapter. They commented.....

"For those who haven't joined BMW CCA and/or added M Chapter as a primary or secondary chapter"

Is it additional? Can you just join it instead of your local chapter.... etc etc
You can make it your primary chapter and not incur additional costs. It does cost extra to belong to two or more chapters like your local chapter and the M chapter.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 11:09 AM   #13
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
horsepower_and_hounds's Avatar
United_States
1460
Rep
3,869
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 BSM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
You can make it your primary chapter and not incur additional costs. It does cost extra to belong to two or more chapters like your local chapter and the M chapter.
Thanks...will have to see what the additional costs are or see if it is promising enough to make primary. Seems it would be a bit more universal but niche specific
__________________
IG: horsepower_and_hounds
'15 M4 BSM DCT CCB, '15 Alfa Romeo 4c coupe "sold", '18 M2 "sold", '15 M4 "totaled", '14 M235 "sold", '09 128i "sold"
Appreciate 1
DanG3262.00

      02-25-2021, 08:53 AM   #14
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
horsepower_and_hounds's Avatar
United_States
1460
Rep
3,869
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 BSM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (6)

I got stuck late night at work....so missed it. How was it?
__________________
IG: horsepower_and_hounds
'15 M4 BSM DCT CCB, '15 Alfa Romeo 4c coupe "sold", '18 M2 "sold", '15 M4 "totaled", '14 M235 "sold", '09 128i "sold"
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 08:55 AM   #15
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
I got stuck late night at work....so missed it. How was it?
I had a similar problem and missed it also.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 11:17 AM   #16
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
jpy1980's Avatar
United_States
1326
Rep
1,769
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Sorry for the total newb Q but what is the BMWCCA M Chapter? Is there a website or Wiki? If this is a bunch of cool M owners doing cool car stuff, I would love to join somehow!
Appreciate 1
pseto491.50

      02-25-2021, 12:05 PM   #17
JeffB-M3
Private First Class
55
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

I joined the M Chapter as my local chapter's activities don't align to my interests. The local sports car clubs provide better options (for me). That said, I do appreciate the more targeted communications and activities of the M Chapter.
Appreciate 1
pseto491.50

      02-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #18
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Sorry for the total newb Q but what is the BMWCCA M Chapter? Is there a website or Wiki? If this is a bunch of cool M owners doing cool car stuff, I would love to join somehow!
Here is the info on the M Chapter: https://www.bmwcca.org/chapter/m-chapter
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 01:53 PM   #19
MPOWER5266
Captain
3142
Rep
983
Posts

Drives: 1997 Dinan m3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ga

iTrader: (0)

I joined the 2002 forever chapter and havent gotten anything out of it yet. Not even a sticker. Not sure if I want to add any more to my membership until the sub chapters actually have events or other reasons to join.
Appreciate 1
pseto491.50

      02-25-2021, 04:18 PM   #20
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
horsepower_and_hounds's Avatar
United_States
1460
Rep
3,869
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 BSM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (6)

Nowhere does it say how much uncharge there is to add it.... or to switch it as your primary chapter. They just keep saying to call the national call line
__________________
IG: horsepower_and_hounds
'15 M4 BSM DCT CCB, '15 Alfa Romeo 4c coupe "sold", '18 M2 "sold", '15 M4 "totaled", '14 M235 "sold", '09 128i "sold"
Appreciate 1
pseto491.50

      02-25-2021, 05:52 PM   #21
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
4,804
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
Nowhere does it say how much uncharge there is to add it.... or to switch it as your primary chapter. They just keep saying to call the national call line
Free to change to the M Chapter. $15.30 a year to add the M Chapter to your local chapter.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 03:23 AM   #22
..Rush..
Captain
..Rush..'s Avatar
United_States
599
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: AW E88
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

If the factory put an "M" on the rear deck of the car, then its an M car.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST