BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 2022 7 Series (G70) Spy Pics / Video & Info - Production Dates, Models, Features

03-02-2021, 06:18 PM   #45
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
BMW has a tradition to bring the exhaust of top-end from last generation as low-end in current gen. An example can be 520d/530i F10 with one-side, rounded exhaust to 520d/530i G30 double-sided one with trapezoid-like ends, that looked similar to 550i F10 models (at least in M-sport package).

I would expect new 7er will be act the same here: base model will have exhaust similar to the current M760li. At least to me, that makes sense.

IMO those small features, that today allows you to distinguish top-end model from base model will be one of the selling points for us, the owners, to switch. While owning high-end model, you don't want to be mistaken with newer base model by random bystanders, right
That was my favourite setup in the F chassis.

The smallest engines had a single small exhaust, then some chassis had a slightly larger single exhaust - I think the 316i and 318i vs 320i F30 was like this. Then a pair on one side for the 328i, a single on each side for the 335i, then of course quad on the M3. The V8 non-M cars all had the trapezoidal tip with 2 small pipes inside each which was a lovely feature - it all made sense and was easy. The 760Li had a nice chrome rectangular setup to also distinguish it.

Now just about everything has a big tip on each side.