BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-21-2018, 08:57 AM   #595
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Better is relative...
Don't mention relatives. Those from the South will get excited
Appreciate 7
      09-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #596
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
What are you doing to make it fun? Because let's say you want a relationship where there are some pranks / jokes (like nerf gun war - which, I thought doesn't happen except on TV, but maybe Josh is the exception)...if you initiate (and not just once, but again and again), it seems to me that it might rub off on her no?

Such that she wants to get you back and then plans something for you. Human nature and all.

I guess what I'm saying is make sure you are doing (repeatedly) what you would like to receive back. It isn't a guarantee that it will happen, but I do think it increases the likelihood of it happening - whatever it is.
This.

I started the prank war... a year ago. We mess with each other all the time, but it's in a fun flirty way, and helps to keep that spark. Sure not all the time is like this, but it helps you through the tough times when you know you can easily turn the other person's mood around.

And to think I initially did it as an ice breaker lol.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #597
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
What are you doing to make it fun? Because let's say you want a relationship where there are some pranks / jokes (like nerf gun war - which, I thought doesn't happen except on TV, but maybe Josh is the exception)...if you initiate (and not just once, but again and again), it seems to me that it might rub off on her no?

Such that she wants to get you back and then plans something for you. Human nature and all.

I guess what I'm saying is make sure you are doing (repeatedly) what you would like to receive back. It isn't a guarantee that it will happen, but I do think it increases the likelihood of it happening - whatever it is.
Point taken.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      09-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #598
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
This.

I started the prank war... a year ago. We mess with each other all the time, but it's in a fun flirty way, and helps to keep that spark. Sure not all the time is like this, but it helps you through the tough times when you know you can easily turn the other person's mood around.

And to think I initially did it as an ice breaker lol.
I agree 100% - I am usually in a good mood when I wake up and someone has to put me in a bad mood. I am that guy who will hide in closet and scare you, or reach in the shower and turn the water to cold - whatever. Teasing is a must. I dated a girl for a long period of time who was very pretty, liked my sense of humor, but I carried the load. She would get a kick out of me, but rarely gave it back or if she tried failed miserably, but she tried. I think I forgot about it till we broke up and the next girl I dated was FUNNY AS HELL! She makes me laugh every day and I forgot how much I missed it. Like you said - how can you stay mad at someone who can make you laugh at will? She has never dated anyone that makes her laugh, so it is all new to her to have someone that gives it back as good as I get. Sometimes I feel like we are in high school with the shit we do, but really who cares? If we laugh hard enough to hurt our bellies each day - isn't that what life is all about?

If laughing is your thing - don't give up till you find someone else who is too. Beauty fades, but a sense of humor can last forever. I want someone dropping water balloons on me from upstairs when I am 80 years old......
Kyngofpop676.00
      09-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #599
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Not to sound like a party-pooper here but I feel like I need to explain with a little more detail. I often joke around and like to think I'm a fun person to be around. My issue is that regardless of how funny someone may be if the other person has the personality of a dry noodle then you eventually stop trying. Don't get me wrong, she is very sweet and good to me, but personality isn't something that she has.

All too often I crack jokes and due to her lack of knowledge about current events, actors, musicians, etc. she has no idea who/what I'm talking about. Then I spend the next 10 minutes explaining the joke so that she can understand....at that point it isn't funny and I' annoyed that I've had to explain.

Hope this paints a better picture. I do appreciate you guys stating that I need to initiate, but I already have. Kinda hard to have fun with someone that stands there and looks at you in confusion when you try to mess with them. Some people just don't have a personality. Now if I were to engage her in a conversation about the women at work that she doesn't like or what's going on with her kids and school, she'll talk until my eyes are glazed over and I'm seconds from falling asleep.

In reality, I've been through enough therapy to know who I am as a person and why I make the decisions that I do. The two major relationships that I have been in were lots of fun and we enjoyed each others company immensely. Both of them ruined me in multiple ways and now I'm afraid to become involved with someone who is like this as I subconsciously think they will do me the same way. I realize this not to be the case with everyone....dammit, I need to go back to see the therapist again.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      09-21-2018, 10:05 AM   #600
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
It's all about managing expectations
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
unluky7465.00
      09-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #601
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Then you pick the wrong ones.

I don't know how old you are, but at my age, I am tired of the chase. I don't jump through hoops.
I'm 20 - I don't know your age either but I can see that. I don't jump through hoops necessarily (which can explain why i get bored - i dont put in the "work" maybe) but I can definitely see how at some point you just want to have something like a relationship even if for an ease of mind kinda thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
This is where it's at. I do miss having a fun relationship. I suppose there are trade-offs. I traded fun and intelligent conversation for safe....and now somewhat regretting it. Have I mentioned how great the sex is?
I guess that's where our personalities come in, at least for the time being I really don't think I want something "safe" over fun and/or intelligent conversation... I have terrible, terrible ADHD (like i can't even play games more than 1-1.5hrs and rarely am able to watch movies at one sitting) and I actually feel the need to be "stimulated" to be able to enjoy stuff... I don't not see myself as a relationship kind of guy but I can also get bored really easily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Not to sound like a party-pooper here but I feel like I need to explain with a little more detail. I often joke around and like to think I'm a fun person to be around. My issue is that regardless of how funny someone may be if the other person has the personality of a dry noodle then you eventually stop trying. Don't get me wrong, she is very sweet and good to me, but personality isn't something that she has.

All too often I crack jokes and due to her lack of knowledge about current events, actors, musicians, etc. she has no idea who/what I'm talking about. Then I spend the next 10 minutes explaining the joke so that she can understand....at that point it isn't funny and I' annoyed that I've had to explain.

Hope this paints a better picture. I do appreciate you guys stating that I need to initiate, but I already have. Kinda hard to have fun with someone that stands there and looks at you in confusion when you try to mess with them. Some people just don't have a personality. Now if I were to engage her in a conversation about the women at work that she doesn't like or what's going on with her kids and school, she'll talk until my eyes are glazed over and I'm seconds from falling asleep.

In reality, I've been through enough therapy to know who I am as a person and why I make the decisions that I do. The two major relationships that I have been in were lots of fun and we enjoyed each others company immensely. Both of them ruined me in multiple ways and now I'm afraid to become involved with someone who is like this as I subconsciously think they will do me the same way. I realize this not to be the case with everyone....dammit, I need to go back to see the therapist again.
DO NOT hit your therapist up if you're happy in your relationship...

but on an unrelated notice, i know what you're saying. this one girl i've had/have a fling with isn't as bad as a dry noodle, but a wet noodle for sure. spending time with her is fun because I piss her off constantly (in a funny teasing way) but i also sadly know that it's not "sustainable"... i can only piss someone off so much and/or tell my funny memories for so long
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #602
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
DO NOT hit your therapist up if you're happy in your relationship...
Glad you picked up on the humor in that.
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #603
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
last night was fun, was drunk from 5pm to 2am non-stop. friend took us out in his M4 convertible, got pulled over too so that wasnt as fun but we got off with a warning.

anyway, i was at a tailgate that my department hosted, i was almost the only person who was in undergrad, rest were faculty members and grad students - i realized something: i get bored of people because i'm doing so much myself

like, a grad student in the second best school for civil engineering would be doing some cool stuff, right? i talked the whole tailgate, and they listened, which is fun i like being the center of attention but working on sanitation and designing toilets is less interesting to me than what i do...

then we went out with the boys, chatted up some girls got a few numbers but im also tired of asking the same questions like did you ever do drugs, what do you think women look for in men, what are you passionate about etc because its mostly the same, boring answers
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #604
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
last night was fun, was drunk from 5pm to 2am non-stop. friend took us out in his M4 convertible, got pulled over too so that wasnt as fun but we got off with a warning.

anyway, i was at a tailgate that my department hosted, i was almost the only person who was in undergrad, rest were faculty members and grad students - i realized something: i get bored of people because i'm doing so much myself

like, a grad student in the second best school for civil engineering would be doing some cool stuff, right? i talked the whole tailgate, and they listened, which is fun i like being the center of attention but working on sanitation and designing toilets is less interesting to me than what i do...

then we went out with the boys, chatted up some girls got a few numbers but im also tired of asking the same questions like did you ever do drugs, what do you think women look for in men, what are you passionate about etc because its mostly the same, boring answers
Dude, it sounds like you may have some narcissistic problems that impede your advance.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #605
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

Lol then stop asking the same questions. Stop asking questions like that, period. If you have to give a fucking interview to have a conversation it’s not worth pursuing.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #606
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dude, it sounds like you may have some narcissistic problems that impede your advance.
honestly could be, i do know i have my head up my ass at times
you probably won't take this seriously but i do have/had people that truly interest me, but i haven't met any of them at bars. i definitely see how my post comes off but i also feel like i'm looking at the wrong place to find what i want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Lol then stop asking the same questions. Stop asking questions like that, period. If you have to give a fucking interview to have a conversation it’s not worth pursuing.
100% i agree with you
i rarely continue hanging out with people i meet at bars after a few nights out tbh, and if i do its usually not outside of drinking
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #607
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Want to hear people's stories about this cause they're always interesting, has anyone had any experiences with a girlfriend/wife/significant other/ex and their cars?
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #608
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Want to hear people's stories about this cause they're always interesting, has anyone had any experiences with a girlfriend/wife/significant other/ex and their cars?
I have many of these experiences. Not sure I can tell any if them without straight up sounding like penthouse forums.

I will say during the fall time, in the rain, on the hood, with car running was quite enjoyable.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 01:42 AM   #609
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Had arrangements to sleep with 2 girls this weekend...both flaked.

feelsbadman.jpg

Still...had a great time with friends, family, and the car! And that's what matters.
Appreciate 2
      09-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #610
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I once had sex in one of my previous cars in a church parking lot.
Appreciate 2
      09-23-2018, 11:55 AM   #611
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Had arrangements to sleep with 2 girls this weekend...both flaked.

feelsbadman.jpg

Still...had a great time with friends, family, and the car! And that's what matters.
It happens a lot these days, don't fret. Most of these bitches just want the attention with no intention of following through with meeting. They live sad lives.

After hanging out with my buddy at the Wildwood car show then going to dinner then racing his Vette, I was supposed to go meet up with a chick & she tried turning it into let's meet up at this bar (With me telling her minutes earlier I am not a bar person) with her brother & his gf. Yea, no. So I went home & went to sleep after a long day. #winning
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9665.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      09-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #612
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

I have a few bumble dates arranged for when I get back from Germany next week. Hopefully none of them fall through, and hopefully their pictures are an accurate representation of what they look like.

One of the girls has been messaging me everyday since we matched over a week ago. We haven’t even met yet. That shit is super annoying.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      09-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #613
________
________
Rep

Quote:
I have a few bumble dates arranged for when I get back from Germany next week. Hopefully none of them fall through, and hopefully their pictures are an accurate representation of what they look like.

One of the girls has been messaging me everyday since we matched over a week ago. We haven’t even met yet. That shit is super annoying.
LOL you can't even stand messaging her now, what makes you want to meet her in person?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #614
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
LOL you can't even stand messaging her now, what makes you want to meet her in person?
I don’t like messaging anyone. I just put up with it because it’s a necessity.

Plus she is hot and Asian and I’ve got a thing for Asian girls
Appreciate 2
      09-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #615
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don’t like messaging anyone. I just put up with it because it’s a necessity.
Oh so maybe you just prefer face-to-face interactions?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #616
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Oh so maybe you just prefer face-to-face interactions?
Yea, pretty much the only reason I will text someone is to arrange or plan something to do in person.

Sending someone a ‘good morning’ text every morning just seems pointless to me.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
Germanauto9665.50