BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Driver door/window creak (fixed,came back,currently gone)

10-05-2018, 08:13 AM   #67
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

Bmw silicone remover concentrate part number -83122298199
Use a cloth or a pad to apply it on the the body of the car after you remove dust or anything that might be there,remember the body has to be dry where you apply the concentrate,apply it where the seal touches the car and leave it there for a few minutes,after which simply wipe down with a simple dry cloth and the noise will disappear.
I have done this over 3 weeks ago and the noise is gone....

Last edited by emil111; 10-05-2018 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 08:24 AM   #68
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Our 2016 F20 (or the previous 2012 F20) never had these issues. I have never applied any silicone product on them, and very rarerly used an automatic wash.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #69
lt.Gruber
Rep
Drives: f20 118i

I'll try it as soon as I'll get my hands on it. Thanks for advice.
Well, f20 has some serious quality issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #70
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt.Gruber View Post
Well, f20 has some serious quality issues.
Like what? I have had F20 for 6 years, with warranty included all the time, but have still not found any minor issues I could ask the dealer to fix for me. These cars appear rather flawless to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #71
lt.Gruber
Rep
Drives: f20 118i

In my case girbox was replaced by warranty, but now it's those window seals, lots of trim and plastic inside makes all kinds of noises. My car has 60kkm and one of suspension had to be replaced. I have to admit - VW Golf Vi has way better materials and finish when it comes to interior
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #72
Danxb1
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i

Sorry to bring this kinda old thread back but, I have the same problem, I have the the doors seal rubber replaced in warranty and the creaks has been gone for a while, and now they are back, so would like to know how this is issue is fixed for good not temporarily, I am building a case so the dealer got it easy to fix for good, I've been in the dealer 4 times now for this same problem and kinda frustrated. So if someone kindly share to me how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
      12-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #73
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danxb1 View Post
Sorry to bring this kinda old thread back but, I have the same problem, I have the the doors seal rubber replaced in warranty and the creaks has been gone for a while, and now they are back, so would like to know how this is issue is fixed for good not temporarily, I am building a case so the dealer got it easy to fix for good, I've been in the dealer 4 times now for this same problem and kinda frustrated. So if someone kindly share to me how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
hello,i have personally used bmw silicone remover on the door frame which the door seal touches,it has yet to come back and i have only applied it once since october.
Some other people claim that they have fixed this problem using gummipfledge(which has not worked for me).

there is no real fix,unless bmw decides to change the factory it gets its rubber seals from.
They will tell you that the bmw teflon tape is the way to go in regards to fixing the problem (if they offer to put it on for you accept) ,and it will fix the problem...for a while atleast,until the tape gets contaminated aswell [the contamination happens when you wash the vehicle and afterwards you open the doors(thats why i only had this problem at the drivers door because i usually cleaned it at the self service and didnt bother to wipe any water off--i intermittently washed it together with my detailer once in a while--since i've found how to fix this problem and after hours of research (the self wash water contaminated the seals) i have decided to only wash it every 3-4 weeks at the detailer and the noise never came back]

they can try using teflon tape (83199407798 this is the part number as far as i recall)but it might come back;these are the fruits of forced cost reduction (bad quality).
Daewoo Nubira II
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #74
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil111 View Post
i intermittently washed it together with my detailer once in a while
A detailer should be chosen thoughtfully! What I most seriously don't "understand" is their constant offer to clean my sills by blowing the dirt inside the cabin with their sprayer. I don't tell them exactly what I think about that, just decline it politely though.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #75
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
A detailer should be chosen thoughtfully! What I most seriously don't "understand" is their constant offer to clean my sills by blowing the dirt inside the cabin with their sprayer. I don't tell them exactly what I think about that, just decline it politely though.
i let only 1 man touch my cars,and he has never done me wrong in the past 3 years,i am sorry if you had a bad experience and stumbled on a noob.

through "i intermittently washed it together with my detailer" i was conveying the information that i was not cleaning the car only at the self-service car wash,but not to worry because you aint gonna see me near one anytime soon,especially now since its become a weekly thing to spend 3-4 hours every saturday at the detailer lol
Daewoo Nubira II
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 07:40 AM   #76
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Its been a couple of months now and the noise hasnt returned,i believe that my solution is a quite worthwhile solution to this problem,which is great news
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 04:20 AM   #77
fatihcr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI 116d 2016

i tried it, yes but it goes temporary and coming back.
i tinted my windows with llumar film, your windows tinted or not?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #78
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatihcr View Post
i tried it, yes but it goes temporary and coming back.
i tinted my windows with llumar film, your windows tinted or not?
yes I have tinted windows (front and back)

the problem has not returned since I have found the previously stated solution,i suggest trying to clean the mentioned boddypanels once again and reapply the silicone remover(if that is what you are using)

PS:gummipfledge didn't work in my case,silicone remover did
Daewoo Nubira II
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 09:19 AM   #79
Ming.Lu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24826614
Hello,
I am owner of BMW M140 from China, unfortunately I have same issue like yours. Just saw your posts which seems save me from noise and solve it. I did lots of methods before like silicone spray, teflon tape…didn’t work.
Could you tell where you used silicone remover in details? I will copy that.
Greetings from China
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 10:44 AM   #80
evildream
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 - 116d

Hello!
Since I've also run into this issue a few weeks ago, I'll try to give more details of this fix to future users.

What's being suggested in this thread and what works is to clean the area where the door felt seal touches the car body, please red area in the photo below:

This area must be well cleaned with a clean microfiber + silicone remover. There are many silicone removers in Car Detail, just pick one that's easily available to you.

Silicone remover is itself a potent cleaner (removes grimme, tar, etc), not really a "product" that you can apply. This means that this particular area becomes dirty with time and car washes (?) creating noise in this particular area of the door frame.

Last edited by evildream; 11-14-2023 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0