BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > M135i Coding ASD - Change Volume

02-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
mikey_hogg
2013 F21 M135i
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F21 M135i

M135i Coding ASD - Change Volume

I have recently purchased a 2013 M135i in its bog-standard form with a manual gearbox. I am very impressed with the car so far, although after just hours of owning it, during the 200mile drive home I was already bored of the bassy drone from the Active Sound Design at motorway speeds. It seemed to be worse in Eco Pro than any other driving mode.

I decided to try and code the ASD on the car, which although at first seemed quite complicated, isn't actually too bad. I couldn't find any cheat sheets specific to the F20/21 so used the F22 cheat sheet as below

Switch off - ASD 3000 Model Range F022 change to F020/F021. I couldn't use this as my model range was already at F20/21. So changed it to F10. No faults were generated and the ASD was totally switched off. I didn't like it as I couldn't hear the engine at all at low revs, so changed it back to default.

I then looked at changing the volume (ASD 3000 Power Class) From reading other forum posts it was suggested that the following Werte values related to each volume setting, with 0 being the lowest; UL=00, KL=01, ML=02, OL=03. OL was default so I changed the werte to UL thinking it would be the lowest volume. This in fact didn't work, the volume seemed the same. I decided to change the werte again to KL and in my opinion the cars ASD is set up perfectly, still a good engine noise but comfortable and relatively quite on long cruising runs. Still howls when accelerating hard!

This may be the german interpretation for the letters of the Werte values, perhaps!;
M = "Mittlere" (Middle)
U = "Untere" (Lower)
O = "Obere" (Upper)
K = "Kleinste" (Lowest)

For your info if re-coding ASD.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2016, 05:23 AM   #2
BWT
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_hogg
I have recently purchased a 2013 M135i in its bog-standard form with a manual gearbox. I am very impressed with the car so far, although after just hours of owning it, during the 200mile drive home I was already bored of the bassy drone from the Active Sound Design at motorway speeds. It seemed to be worse in Eco Pro than any other driving mode.

I decided to try and code the ASD on the car, which although at first seemed quite complicated, isn't actually too bad. I couldn't find any cheat sheets specific to the F20/21 so used the F22 cheat sheet as below

Switch off - ASD 3000 Model Range F022 change to F020/F021. I couldn't use this as my model range was already at F20/21. So changed it to F10. No faults were generated and the ASD was totally switched off. I didn't like it as I couldn't hear the engine at all at low revs, so changed it back to default.

I then looked at changing the volume (ASD 3000 Power Class) From reading other forum posts it was suggested that the following Werte values related to each volume setting, with 0 being the lowest; UL=00, KL=01, ML=02, OL=03. OL was default so I changed the werte to UL thinking it would be the lowest volume. This in fact didn't work, the volume seemed the same. I decided to change the werte again to KL and in my opinion the cars ASD is set up perfectly, still a good engine noise but comfortable and relatively quite on long cruising runs. Still howls when accelerating hard!

This may be the german interpretation for the letters of the Werte values, perhaps!;
M = "Mittlere" (Middle)
U = "Untere" (Lower)
O = "Obere" (Upper)
K = "Kleinste" (Lowest)

For your info if re-coding ASD.
Hi
Can you please clarify about changing model range to F10? I coded mine off with Esys and did not need to change model range.
It is a bit quiet with the ASD off completely so would be great if possible to turn volume down only.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
mikey_hogg
2013 F21 M135i
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F21 M135i

I couldn't find ASD Off in Esys for my car so opted for changing the model No which apparently confuses the ECU so it switches itself off. I would recommend trying 'KL' if you want to turn it down a bit.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 03:08 AM   #4
lalaura
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

guide to to change Werte Values

Instructions:
1.Connect the ENET (Ethernet to OBD) cable with vehicle via OBD socket
2.Wait until LAN network adapter in task bar has established limited network capacity
3.Open ZGW-SEARCH.exe
4.Open E-sys software
5.Click the connection icon
6.Select your F series model, selection Connection via VIN and click continue
7.Follow system prompt. Click “Read(VCM)”
8.Select CADF with a green check mark file under the module you want to read, select “Coding Read Data”
9.Close error report windows pops up
10.New option under CADF, a folder. Expand the folder and right click the file, select “EDIT FDL”
11.Browse the folder, you will find your option, for example KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG-FB
12.Factory option set to nicht-active. Right click, select “Edit”
13.Then click werte value, click “Edit”
14.The option to change the value in the lower window. Change current value with new, click the button on the right
15.Change werte value==00 to werte value==FF, save settings
16.Open same file under “File Name”. It shows file name and location
17.The E-SYS software display new value name and werte value
18.Save settings
19.Right click FA, select “Activate FA”
20.Select CAFD file you just edited and select “CODE DFL”
21.When DFL coding completed. Close the error report windows.
22.Werte value changing procedure now is completed.
23.Exit the BMW E-sys software and disconnect the ENET interface from vehicle.

the instruction i got from http://bmw-f-coding.blogspot.com/201...to-change.html (procedure via pictures)

i paid $12 for the enet cable http://www.obdtool.co.uk/wholesale/b...-f-series.html

no issues
Appreciate 0