BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Coding with ESYS E-Sys v.3.27.1

10-22-2019, 06:24 AM   #1
Ze_Pedro
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Post Coding with ESYS E-Sys v.3.27.1

Hi guys

1 - History.
2 - My Coding problem (Why I need your help).

-------------------------------------------------

1 - History

On 2016 I started exploring Esys and I made a few modifications on my F20.

It all worked fine until Esys stopped working by the end of 2017.

After that I bought a Carly adapter and coded a few more stuff on the car. Was surprised that the adapter came without any software, you had to buy it separately, and it is a piece of crap. I coded what i needed a sold the adapter on-line.
After that, I had noticed that my carīs (5 door) front windows behave like the 3 door model. The 3 door does not have the window frame, so when you open the car, the windows have to slightly open, for the door to open as well. My car does not need that so I got stuck with that problem for 2 years.

I heard a few months ago that Tokenmaster released a new Launcher, so I sent a message to someone who never failed to help me: Shawnsheridan
Thank the Gods this man is always on-line.
So, he sent me this:

E-Sys.rar (Includes E-Sys v.3.27.1 & Guides)
* NOTE: E-Sys 3.27.1 is the preferred version for Coding.

E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.x (w/ Builtin Token Generator):"

--------------------------

2 - My Coding problem (Why I need your help).

After installing E-Sys v.3.27.1, and see that It really works, I connected the cable to the car and made a Backup copy of what was there (CAF files only).
After that (and because I donīt know the origin of the Windows problem), I had restored one of the first 2016 CAF backup I had (no errors).

After that I coded a few stuff and the car accepted it, but the code did not work.

Then I restored the last backup I have (the one with the windows problem), and again and the car accepted it with no errors, but again the code did not work.

Tryed over n over again, and always the same result. The code is there, but no effect.
I cannot even change something so simple as the AG logo to MPerformance...

So... Now I am stuck.
Is this because I might used different ESYS versions?
Is this because of the Carly?
Is there any limitation of times I can code the car?

Do you have any guess about this?
Iīd really appreciate some help, because now I hate how the car looks with the original coding.

*Special Thanks to Shawnsheridan for the software
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i use bimmercode app and obdlink mx no issues here when coding.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #3
Ze_Pedro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
i use bimmercode app and obdlink mx no issues here when coding.
Already had a bad experience with the carly app. Not interested on buying another, but thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 04:21 AM   #4
Ze_Pedro
Rep

Today I finally understood the difference between FDL Coding and VO Coding.
I also realised that I have done that too... And the problem is still there.
I am now thinking that itīs a software problem, because the car is still the same, and now I cannot even change something so basic as AG logo to MPerformance, or Start Stop Memory.
The Car accepted the VO coding of all the ECUīs with the basic (almost factory) backup I had, and after that, all the coding I do is recorded in the ECUīs with No Errors, but nothing works.
Never had this problem before, and in 2017 I coded my car and 6 more from friends.
It must be something to do with Esys... I am now out of ideas...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explanation by shawnsheridan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For VO Coding you select the ECU itself, not the CAFD File.

VO = Vehicle Order

VO Code = Coding of all FDL's (100% of the ECU) to predetermined settings based on the Vehicle Order.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

FDL = Function Data Line

FDL Code = Coding of individual FDL's in an ECU, overriding the VO Coding.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on the ECU CAFD and select Read Coding Data => Expand the CAFD Folder by clicking + symbol => Right-Click on the CAFD file and select Edit => Edit CAFD as desired => Click the Blue Floppy Disc Icon to Save CAFD => Click the green back arrow icon => Right-Click on the CAFD file => Select FDL CODE.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 09:56 AM   #5
Ze_Pedro
Rep

Well... Today I tried it again.
Uninstalled all the software, installed the E-Sys 3.27.1_RC_b44813 + ESysLauncherPROSetup_2.8.2_Build_162.

Done the ECUīs one by one, with the CAF files previously edited, and.... Guess what... It worked.
I am surprised, still donīt know what happened, but I am so happy I disconnected the F**** Start Stop and solve the windows problem, that I donīt even care.

End of Story.
Appreciate 0