BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Weekend Plans?

05-30-2020, 12:46 PM   #45
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Chores weekend. Finally cleaned those back windows. Cleaned pool filter. Fixed garage door remote so I can program Homelink in wife’s new car. Organizing and putting stuff away. Thinking about what to take to Asheville condo next month / putting some stuff aside.

Ridiculously hot and humid outside. Gonna throw some burgers and hot dogs in the grill later but no interest in being outside mid-day any longer than necessary. No plan for tomorrow yet.
Frupal779.50
      05-30-2020, 07:59 PM   #46
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I just finished unboxing the last of three new Inovelli Z-Wave smart wall switches with built-in scene control. The three will be used to control all of the outdoor flood lights around Chez Vreihen, with one being installed for our detached garage floods, one for the front yard floods, and one for the back yard floods.

On each switch, if I push once on the switch paddle it will work like a dumb light switch and turn the attached light on with a solid blue indicator LED on the switch.

I programmed double-taps on each switch paddle to turn on the attached light for 5 minutes, with a fast-blinking blue LED as a hint to get 'yer butt moving before the timer runs out. Useful when leaving the house after dark.

I programmed holding the switch paddle for 2-3 seconds to turn on all three sets of flood lights, with a slow-blinking blue LED at each of the three switches.

Believe it or not, it took me THREE HOURS to program my home automation controller to make all of these things work...with the switches powered by lamp cords on my workbench in temporary PVC outlet boxes! I still have to install them into the wall boxes in place of dumb switches, keeping my fingers and toes crossed that there is a neutral junction in every switch location.

The switches have the ability to trigger additional scenes for 3/4/5 taps, but it is difficult to remember them all when they get more complex. I was thinking about programming 5 taps to set the LED indicators on all three switches to fast-flashing, turn on all of the outside lights, and flash the front flood lights repeatedly as an emergency beacon in case we need to call the police/fire/ambulance. We live in a wooded/dark area with no street lights, so having strobing floods pointing towards the road would surely draw attention....
      05-30-2020, 08:32 PM   #47
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Visiting my folks in a Seattle suburb. It's pouring rain, 55 degrees, the governor is super uptight so nothing is open, and idiots are destroying the city.

Literally nothing to do, that's why I left this region of the county. When it's nice out there's no better place, but it's never nice out.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 10:51 PM   #48
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Busted out the block I set 20 years ago for horseshoe pit, then tried to finish the chicken coop door on Friday. Today all the lawns cut and fertilized. Also changed the oil on my truck

Tomorrow hope to sit in my chair in the sun reading a book with some drinks, right cmyx6go ?
      05-31-2020, 06:07 PM   #49
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

My weekend
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
rebekahb3128.50
Rmtt8206.00
Frupal779.50
      05-31-2020, 06:26 PM   #50
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
My weekend
Nice! I'm out by my pool right now sipping on a cocktail 🍹
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 06:41 PM   #51
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:
My weekend
I just wished this was my pool! We are in Destin boat shopping.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-31-2020, 06:44 PM   #52
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My weekend
We go to Destin a lot because it isn't that far away. Love the beaches.

I'm more of a boat girl so inquiring minds want to know...what are shopping for?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-31-2020, 06:55 PM   #53
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My weekend

I'm more of a boat girl so inquiring minds want to know...what are shopping for?
Put a deposit down on a Blue Wave 2800 Makaira. More details below Incase you love boats enough to want details hahaha. Some girls want to know the details and others don't.

Twin Merc 300R's
Dual Simrad NSS 12's
Simrad Halo 24 Radar
Simrad Auto Pilot
Minnkota Endura 112
Simrad VHF/UHF
Coffin Box Cooler Sunpad
Power Pole
Power Pole Battery management system
Wetsounds system with 6 - 8's, 4-6.5'd and 2-10's.

Loaded as far as factory options. I am ready to get my saltwater game back on!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 07:02 PM   #54
Throttlesteer14
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M240 ix, 14 Cayman S

A lunch stop for today's drive
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
rebekahb3128.50
Rmtt8206.00
Frupal779.50
      05-31-2020, 07:11 PM   #55
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My weekend

Put a deposit down on a Blue Wave 2800 Makaira. More details below Incase you love boats enough to want details hahaha. Some girls want to know the details and others don't.

Twin Merc 300R's
Dual Simrad NSS 12's
Simrad Halo 24 Radar
Simrad Auto Pilot
Minnkota Endura 112
Simrad VHF/UHF
Coffin Box Cooler Sunpad
Power Pole

I wasn't familiar with that brand. I looked it up and a gorgeous boat. Congrats!!! Twin 300's will roll at a nice clip. We can either fresh water or salt water fish here. I'm not a fisherman at all but I do love going offshore for yellowfin though.

We are more of the powerboat (performance) type. I do want to sell but my husbands not ready yet. We have 2 boats & he still has his 17' Key West he's had since high school so we will go knock around the rivers on that.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 07:24 PM   #56
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My weekend

Twin Merc 300R's
Dual Simrad NSS 12's
Simrad Halo 24 Radar
Simrad Auto Pilot
Minnkota Endura 112
Simrad VHF/UHF
Coffin Box Cooler Sunpad
Power Pole

I wasn't familiar with that brand. I looked it up and a gorgeous boat. Congrats!!! Twin 300's will roll at a nice clip. We can either fresh water or salt water fish here. I'm not a fisherman at all but I do love going offshore for yellowfin though.

We are more of the powerboat (performance) type. I do want to sell but my husbands not ready yet. We have 2 boats & he still has his 17' Key West he's had since high school so we will go knock around the rivers on that.
I sold my Baja 3 weeks ago, bought her new in 2008.

As for the Blue Wave the dealer guarantees 82mph GPS or we can bounce. That's in flat water.

I really like the transitional dead rise and that it only drafts 17". Should work for all of our needs. Lake, bay, ocean and speed.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 07:33 PM   #57
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Drive through zoo. In the M3
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 07:43 PM   #58
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

As for the Blue Wave the dealer guarantees 82mph GPS or we can bounce. That's in flat water.

I really like the transitional dead rise and that it only drafts 17". Should work for all of our needs. Lake, bay, ocean and speed.[/QUOTE]

We have a Fountain and that's what I want to sell. We have a custom paint job & all the work that goes into it I'm over it. There are some other factors as well. I want to get a center console Statement or something similar. I will say if they are promising 82 mph that is solid. I love hp so I like to cruise mid 60's at least but if we want to crack on it I want to have ass in the engines to do so.
Appreciate 1
Frupal779.50
      05-31-2020, 07:49 PM   #59
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I really like the transitional dead rise and that it only drafts 17". Should work for all of our needs. Lake, bay, ocean and speed.

We have a Fountain and that's what I want to sell. We have a custom paint job & all the work that goes into it I'm over it. There are some other factors as well. I want to get a center console Statement or something similar. I will say if they are promising 82 mph that is solid. I love hp so I like to cruise mid 60's at least but if we want to crack on it I want to have ass in the engines to do so.[/QUOTE]
Fountains are great boats. We considered a 38' sport fish cruiser with trip 300 vrods but really need something we can tow realistically and use on our lakes around bham. Plus the insurance when keeping it in a wet slip was shockingly high. I didn't shop around but the desire to fish and cruise freshwater won out. What's your fountain have in it? 525's? I have been on a 35 lighting with 600's and it had the ability to scare me at times but I loved every minute of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 08:30 PM   #60
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We have a Fountain and that's what I want to sell. We have a custom paint job & all the work that goes into it I'm over it. There are some other factors as well. I want to get a center console Statement or something similar. I will say if they are promising 82 mph that is solid. I love hp so I like to cruise mid 60's at least but if we want to crack on it I want to have ass in the engines to do so.
Fountains are great boats. We considered a 38' sport fish cruiser with trip 300 vrods but really need something we can tow realistically and use on our lakes around bham. Plus the insurance when keeping it in a wet slip was shockingly high. I didn't shop around but the desire to fish and cruise freshwater won out. What's your fountain have in it? 525's? I have been on a 35 lighting with 600's and it had the ability to scare me at times but I loved every minute of it.[/QUOTE]
Oh I would love a Fountain center console for sure especially with trips! We have a warehouse where we store the power boat. It's crazy that insurance is high for a wet slip. We can launch where we live & about run anywhere (lakes to the gulf). But ease of towing is always nice.

We started out with a 35 & don't recall the power we had in that boat. Our 42 has twin 600hp blue mercury motors that are whipple charged. We can run 92ish WOT. One of our drives is up in Missouri being rebuilt right now. Hoping to have it back within the next 2 weeks.

Years ago I loved the power boat part because I love speed & the water calms me. I'm just over the maintenance (washing & all) or if drinking having to run that much deck when we dock.
Appreciate 1
Nuckle2186.00
      05-31-2020, 09:01 PM   #61
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fountains are great boats. We considered a 38' sport fish cruiser with trip 300 vrods but really need something we can tow realistically and use on our lakes around bham. Plus the insurance when keeping it in a wet slip was shockingly high. I didn't shop around but the desire to fish and cruise freshwater won out. What's your fountain have in it? 525's? I have been on a 35 lighting with 600's and it had the ability to scare me at times but I loved every minute of it.
Oh I would love a Fountain center console for sure especially with trips! We have a warehouse where we store the power boat. It's crazy that insurance is high for a wet slip. We can launch where we live & about run anywhere (lakes to the gulf). But ease of towing is always nice.

We started out with a 35 & don't recall the power we had in that boat. Our 42 has twin 600hp blue mercury motors that are whipple charged. We can run 92ish WOT. One of our drives is up in Missouri being rebuilt right now. Hoping to have it back within the next 2 weeks.

Years ago I loved the power boat part because I love speed & the water calms me. I'm just over the maintenance (washing & all) or if drinking having to run that much deck when we dock.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like an awesome boat! My love of boats far outweighs that of cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 04:31 AM   #62
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
One of my best friends goes down there a lot for boat shows. He owns "Gotcha Covered Marine" out of SC.
      06-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #63
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Nuckle, Reb, quit teasing me, please. There have been almost no scratchers available at the local liquor store

Locally, lake boats have to be quarantined for 30+ days because of mussels, so I'd be ocean-going only.

So, from a maintenance standpoint, outboard only? It was such a hassle to try to crawl into the engine compartment, and I don't want to even think about changing the oil on an inboard. I remember trying to devise ways to catch the oil and run it out the back drain via various hoses. . .

SIMRAD seems to be the gold standard for the above-water world, but I've always been far more concerned with what's under the surface. And since most of the screens have been on someone else's boat, I still can't seem to wrap my head around the image is what's DIRECTLY below, or was there 10' ago, or

And for nav, if I have a perfectly good overlay that shows water paths, why does the nav always want me driving right thru the sea wall, over land, and thru the oceanfront living room of those lucky enough to live there???
Appreciate 1
Nuckle2186.00
      06-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #64
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Drive through zoo. In the M3
Which one?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #65
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Which one?
"Space Farms Zoo" in Sussex, NJ. Overall, had fun, given the limited number of things we could do at the moment. However weekdays would be best given the weekend crowd. It was quite busy and it took us 2 hours to drive the 1 mile loop. Left leg was numb afterwards.
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
vreihen1614885.00
      06-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #66
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Nuckle, Reb, quit teasing me, please. There have been almost no scratchers available at the local liquor store

Locally, lake boats have to be quarantined for 30+ days because of mussels, so I'd be ocean-going only.

So, from a maintenance standpoint, outboard only? It was such a hassle to try to crawl into the engine compartment, and I don't want to even think about changing the oil on an inboard. I remember trying to devise ways to catch the oil and run it out the back drain via various hoses. . .

SIMRAD seems to be the gold standard for the above-water world, but I've always been far more concerned with what's under the surface. And since most of the screens have been on someone else's boat, I still can't seem to wrap my head around the image is what's DIRECTLY below, or was there 10' ago, or

And for nav, if I have a perfectly good overlay that shows water paths, why does the nav always want me driving right thru the sea wall, over land, and thru the oceanfront living room of those lucky enough to live there???
I wasn't even thinking our posts would slightly torment you and further your boat cravings.
Appreciate 0