BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 116d Ed Power Loss

08-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
Swalker13
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 116d ED

116d Ed Power Loss

I'm wondering is someone could help identify the cause of my lack of power in my 116d Ed. The current 0-60 times is 18 seconds and the car feels very slow with an idle of 950RPM (feels slightly rough), no smoke, 110k, no EML. It's showing max 55kw of power lol.

All the local garages are closed I have no OBD wire so wondered what people thought it might be.

I've checked the turbo vane actuation which seems OK.
Potentially blocked injectors?
Failing EGR?
Failing turbo? (Sounds like it's spoiling quietly)
Fuel filter?
MAF Sensor?
Anything other possibilities?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

A couple of friends of mine have experienced lack of power in their diesel cars (not same engine as yours), and in both cases it was a blocked particle filter in the exhaust system. One of them successfully took it off, opened it up again using a water hose, and reinstalled it. It was quite a lot of work, and a lot of particles came out. I have also heard of people drilling a hole through it.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
Swalker13
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 116d ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
A couple of friends of mine have experienced lack of power in their diesel cars (not same engine as yours), and in both cases it was a blocked particle filter in the exhaust system. One of them successfully took it off, opened it up again using a water hose, and reinstalled it. It was quite a lot of work, and a lot of particles came out. I have also heard of people drilling a hole through it.
Thanks, my old 325d had a dpf issue however that flagged a EML light. Could be the issue I will try some DPF cleaner tomorrow! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 03:57 AM   #4
Skankpoom
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalker13 View Post
I'm wondering is someone could help identify the cause of my lack of power in my 116d Ed. The current 0-60 times is 18 seconds and the car feels very slow with an idle of 950RPM (feels slightly rough), no smoke, 110k, no EML. It's showing max 55kw of power lol.

All the local garages are closed I have no OBD wire so wondered what people thought it might be.

I've checked the turbo vane actuation which seems OK.
Potentially blocked injectors?
Failing EGR?
Failing turbo? (Sounds like it's spoiling quietly)
Fuel filter?
MAF Sensor?
Anything other possibilities?
What was it? It seems that I have the exact same issue.
Appreciate 0