BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > NBT retrofit no sound!?

02-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #1
M135imike
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F20 m135i

NBT retrofit no sound!?

Hey bummers!

I've recently had NBT retrofitted, I'm having an issue where my sound will only come on if the car is completely turned on (engine running).

If I press the start button once without my foot on the brake to start it, the head unit comes on etc, but I get no sound at all?

I've read about tapping into the 'thinnest' wire on the amp, which I've found is a black one, and running it to the fuse box, but that doesn't seem to be fixing the issue.

Can anyone help me with this? Thankyou!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
M135imike
Enlisted Member
Rep

Autocorrect lol, Bimmers****
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #3
zeki123a
Turkey
Rep
Drives: Bmw f20 lci & f32 lci

Garage List
2015 Bmw 1.16d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M135imike View Post
Hey bummers!

I've recently had NBT retrofitted, I'm having an issue where my sound will only come on if the car is completely turned on (engine running).

If I press the start button once without my foot on the brake to start it, the head unit comes on etc, but I get no sound at all?

I've read about tapping into the 'thinnest' wire on the amp, which I've found is a black one, and running it to the fuse box, but that doesn't seem to be fixing the issue.

im not sure bot ithink two option one option nbt not correct your sounbd system (basic,hifi,kardon) and another think is you have ampifler but nbt not now codding is maybe fix and if not you fix i help and i look my car and i can how do it
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 08:44 PM   #4
M135imike
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeki123a View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M135imike View Post
Hey bummers!

im not sure bot ithink two option one option nbt not correct your sounbd system (basic,hifi,kardon) and another think is you have ampifler but nbt not now codding is maybe fix and if not you fix i help and i look my car and i can how do it
Sorted the sound issue out, I had to tap into the trigger wire, and fit a 'add a fuse' to the fuse box, and it turned out, that only one fuse would be the correct one.
Appreciate 0