BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New 116i M sport

02-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
willsbmw1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 118i M Sport Estoril Blue

New 116i M sport

After having my 116i sport for three years now I've clocked up 16,500 miles took the car in for a brake fluid service and came out with a 116i M sport in Estoril blue and a couple of extras.Awaiting number plate transfer so not not sure when the car will be picked up but hopefully next week or so. I first posted in 2012 when I asked if anyone was having any issues with their own cars, for the first 6 months the car was in the dealers more than out. To give BMW some credit all the niggles were ironed out, apart from the living nightmare that is the sports diamond cut wheels, beautiful wheels but they just keep corroding, the lacquer cracks and the water gets in behind,have had two sets since new and still the same.Lovely to look at but a walk on the edge for someone who is slightly anal about these things.All in all Ive learned to like the car so much so Ive bought another, but the M sport.Anyone got any crack about their M sports, bit nervy about the stiffer suspension but hopefully it will give someone who has tipped into the 50's a bit of enjoyment again when driving. Anyone recommend any good polish for metallic blue, I use Autoglym follwed by a coat of P21s wax.Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

The M Sport is great. I don't think you will be disappointed.
In regard to polish, I have used many brands of washes and polish over the past years on my cars.

I have found that if you use Meguiar's Quick Detailer after you do a proper two bucket wash, you can get long intervals between washes as it protects the paint well, gives a great gloss and allows you to simply light pressure wash any dust that accumulates on it without the need to use of a mitt or cloth.

I am firm believer that if you can prevent anything coming in contact the surface the better.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 12:57 AM   #3
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsbmw1 View Post
Anyone got any crack about their M sports, bit nervy about the stiffer suspension but hopefully it will give someone who has tipped into the 50's a bit of enjoyment again when driving.
The non adaptive M-Sport is rather comfortable. It feels a bit on the soft side for track driving, but perfect for fast driving on twisty roads. It soaks up bumps very well, keeping all four wheels on the ground even on the most cambered corners.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 01:57 AM   #4
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Enjoy your new 116i m Sport as I'm really enjoying mine and will be adding later this year a 220 convertible m Sport for the wife as this is the only model being sold in my part of the world.
      02-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
willsbmw1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for your positive comments.awaiting the DVLA modern technology hasn't got there yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #6
rocketretro
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M235i Coupe

Garage List
To my surprise the dealer did the cherish plate transfer on line the morning I collected the car, so it can be done depends whether they have invested in the link to DVLA or not.
      02-05-2015, 02:51 PM   #7
willsbmw1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Cherished plate

Many thanks for that, I will enquire with the dealer, it looks like they dont have a link as its been two weeks of waiting for the postman,on the final straight now just awaiting my retained number being swapped to the new car, posted yesterday so hopefully next week should be sorted?, starting to get a bit sick I must admit, I just want it sorted now,Allthough with the bad weather at the minute maybes not a bad thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 04:20 PM   #8
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsbmw1 View Post
Many thanks for that, I will enquire with the dealer, it looks like they dont have a link as its been two weeks of waiting for the postman,on the final straight now just awaiting my retained number being swapped to the new car, posted yesterday so hopefully next week should be sorted?, starting to get a bit sick I must admit, I just want it sorted now,Allthough with the bad weather at the minute maybes not a bad thing.
We can retained number plates over on line the same minute no waiting and 1-3 days for a replacement pate to arrive by post. Seems a very antiquated system just like dealing with Australia.
      02-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #9
willsbmw1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Tomorrows The Day

Hopefully picking up the car tomorrow after a wait for plate transfer, how is is it not possible to do this stuff on line, most other stuff can be done there and then, if the DVLA want people to buy plates and pay to transfer them it should be quick and easy to do so, all the local centres closed so its all done through Swansea. Anyhow thats my whinge out of the way, must admit I'm looking forward to picking the car up and the weather gods shining on me for just a couple of hours to appreciate the newness before the new sponges and cleaning gear needs to come out.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #10
willsbmw1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

M Sport Joy

Picked up My new M sport last weekend, its a completely different car to the sport I traded in, thought the suspension may be too hard, not a bit of it, more than happy up to now. Anyone used the BMW nano hard shell wax, Ive read its made by Sonax. I want something a bit easier to use than the R22 wax Ive been using for my last car.Any Liquid Carnuba wax you can recommend.
Appreciate 0