BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #639
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
DAYUM!!! That's rough man.

That was my first thought too.

Counter point. UncleWede new car?

and there you have it....
Nope, UncleWede as much as I tease him, had a pretty sad story with the first wife, and I respect him a great deal for how he handled the whole thing. If he wants to share, he can, but otherwise, I'll leave it in the past since it isn't really part of this thread, unless the title is bad marriage experiences as well.
Appreciate 1
bimmette6452.50
      09-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #640
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
DAYUM!!! That's rough man.

That was my first thought too.

Counter point. UncleWede new car?

and there you have it....
Nope, UncleWede as much as I tease him, had a pretty sad story with the first wife, and I respect him a great deal for how he handled the whole thing. If he wants to share, he can, but otherwise, I'll leave it in the past since it isn't really part of this thread, unless the title is bad marriage experiences as well.
Yup, UncleWede is a classy guy. Much respect
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
wrickem2101.00
      09-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #641
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
With all due respect, the only reason I said anything was because he made a post. You make it sound as if I'm prying into his personal life and you have stepped in on his behalf to answer for him, but then are leaving it up to him to decide if he wants to discuss it or not.....after he posted about it? I'm confused as to your reasoning in this comment at all.

"If he wants to share he can".....obvioulsy, looks like he already shared. The only query I had was whether or not he bought the car new; not the entire details of his relationship.

"I'll leave it in the past"....unless you are in a relationship with him now or have his power of attorney and speak on his behalf I don't understand why you are speaking for him now.

He made it part of this thread when he posted what he did. All of us have posted some funny, strange and hurtful things that have happened to us. In a way we have all opened up a little in this thread, which is exactly what Wede did. Regardless of thread title he opened up and posted. None of us are judging him for it in fact quite the opposite.

Again, no disrespect but I'm trying to understand your logic in your post.
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #642
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

This thread is a judgment free zone!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2018, 08:53 AM   #643
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
I got bored yesterday & decided to troll a chick I was seeing for a bit not too long ago. I had the whole conversation by sending only memes until I had to break character at the end. I thought it was hilarious. I gotta post screenshots.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2018, 08:55 AM   #644
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
I got bored yesterday & decided to troll a chick I was seeing for a bit not too long ago. I had the whole conversation by sending only memes until I had to break character at the end. I thought it was hilarious. I gotta post screenshots.
Holding my appreciate until I see evidence
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #645
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
This thread is a judgment free zone!!!!!!!!!
Very much so. This has been one of the more supporting threads I've seen on here. We've all learned a little about each other on here. I've got to know a few of you pretty well from private messaging, text, etc.
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #646
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Very much so. This has been one of the more supporting threads I've seen on here. We've all learned a little about each other on here. I've got to know a few of you pretty well from private messaging, text, etc.
& you didn't even buy me dinner 1st!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-25-2018, 09:00 AM   #647
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
& you didn't even buy me dinner 1st!
.....or serve you up some Cosby-colada.
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #648
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
With all due respect, the only reason I said anything was because he made a post. You make it sound as if I'm prying into his personal life and you have stepped in on his behalf to answer for him, but then are leaving it up to him to decide if he wants to discuss it or not.....after he posted about it? I'm confused as to your reasoning in this comment at all.

"If he wants to share he can".....obvioulsy, looks like he already shared. The only query I had was whether or not he bought the car new; not the entire details of his relationship.

"I'll leave it in the past"....unless you are in a relationship with him now or have his power of attorney and speak on his behalf I don't understand why you are speaking for him now.

He made it part of this thread when he posted what he did. All of us have posted some funny, strange and hurtful things that have happened to us. In a way we have all opened up a little in this thread, which is exactly what Wede did. Regardless of thread title he opened up and posted. None of us are judging him for it in fact quite the opposite.

Again, no disrespect but I'm trying to understand your logic in your post.
No, I didn't think you were prying, nor did I mean to convey that. Your post seemingly had questions (at least that's how I read it) whether it could be a previous owner or if it was a new car, etc.

I had thought I was clarifying that it was not a previous owner to address the question. Thing is, there is more to the story that he has shared previously, a while ago (not in this thread), and I was just stating that I have a lot of respect for how he handled things having been privy to some additional background that isn't in here. It is that part of the story that I am referring to, but it is his story to tell if he wants - it shouldn't come from me - which is why I was saying I would leave it in the past.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #649
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No, I didn't think you were prying, nor did I mean to convey that. Your post seemingly had questions (at least that's how I read it) whether it could be a previous owner or if it was a new car, etc.

I had thought I was clarifying that it was not a previous owner to address the question. Thing is, there is more to the story that he has shared previously, a while ago (not in this thread), and I was just stating that I have a lot of respect for how he handled things having been privy to some additional background that isn't in here. It is that part of the story that I am referring to, but it is his story to tell if he wants - it shouldn't come from me - which is why I was saying I would leave it in the past.
Gotcha.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #650
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Thanks Joekerr for trying to protect. As you mentioned, this dirty laundry is in the wind already.

It was a new car. She had gone out with her cousins the weekend before. Try as I might to explain it away, thinking maybe one of the cousins used the car, I waited until after the family dinner:
"So, I found this under the seat today."
"Oh"
"No explanation?"
none given.

For Judy: Even if I happen into the bank she works at, I still give her a hug. If I see her husband, I'll still shake his hand. Heck, at one point I even hired him to work on my team (so I could keep an eye on him, and make sure he was taking care of her)

We all make mistakes. OBVIOUSLY I can't forget, but I can forgive and move forward.
Appreciate 8
      09-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #651
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

So... she hooked up with her cousin are you in deep south
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #652
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
So... she hooked up with her cousin are you in deep south
How much you willing to pay for video? Female cousins.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #653
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Thanks Joekerr for trying to protect. As you mentioned, this dirty laundry is in the wind already.

It was a new car. She had gone out with her cousins the weekend before. Try as I might to explain it away, thinking maybe one of the cousins used the car, I waited until after the family dinner:
"So, I found this under the seat today."
"Oh"
"No explanation?"
none given.

For Judy: Even if I happen into the bank she works at, I still give her a hug. If I see her husband, I'll still shake his hand. Heck, at one point I even hired him to work on my team (so I could keep an eye on him, and make sure he was taking care of her)

We all make mistakes. OBVIOUSLY I can't forget, but I can forgive and move forward.
UncleWede brother...no explanation was necessary but I applaud your transparency. I'm the same way. I'm very open about mistakes that I have made and things that have happened due to no fault of my own....well aside from poor decision making.

You're a good man Wede. Not enough men like you in the world.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #654
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

She recently posted that her baby had a baby. Now there is no mercy on the gma stuff. She is younger than I but officially gma, but I have no grand children yet. It's the least I can do to pay her back
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #655
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
She recently posted that her baby had a baby. Now there is no mercy on the gma stuff. She is younger than I but officially gma, but I have no grand children yet. It's the least I can do to pay her back
Reading this just made me realize I could be a grandpa very soon. I'm too young for that kind of shit.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #656
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
This is interesting to me. I'm trying to understand this perspective. So you can really like someone but have no urge to text or have a quick chat until you can give your undivided attention? You don't really think about her all day?
For me it's a double edged sword with that - for some reason I really couldn't tell you, texting someone often is looked down upon. I honestly can't recall a time I had a proper conversation through text/snap/call etc with someone I met on campus, no matter our relationship... I'm more of a "lets meet up" kinda guy anyway so it kinda works out

Quote:
100%
a canadian, a turk and a tenessee bro walks into a thread is a decent summary for this
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
Germanauto9665.50
King Rudi13152.00
      09-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #657
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
Quote:
This is interesting to me. I'm trying to understand this perspective. So you can really like someone but have no urge to text or have a quick chat until you can give your undivided attention? You don't really think about her all day?
For me it's a double edged sword with that - for some reason I really couldn't tell you, texting someone often is looked down upon. I honestly can't recall a time I had a proper conversation through text/snap/call etc with someone I met on campus, no matter our relationship... I'm more of a "lets meet up" kinda guy anyway so it kinda works out
I've never heard a girl say a guy texts too much. Well, unless she doesn't like him!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #658
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Loll I suppose I haven't yet found the person that conjures such feelings.

When I do it will surely be worth my time.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #659
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Loll I suppose I haven't yet found the person that conjures such feelings.

When I do it will surely be worth my time.
Aaah, ok let me know when you find her and you don't stop thinking about her, then let me know if it's still a pain in the ass to text her
Appreciate 3
      09-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #660
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
Exactly. This is the point I've done a very crappy job of trying to get across.

It's difficult to have a real conversation via text. And if you don't know the person well then harmless things can be misinterpreted. Some people also play a lot of games.

But as Bimmette noted, it's probably worth it when you find the right person.
Appreciate 2