BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > ATM & DAB Retrofit

01-08-2023, 06:28 AM   #1
Finn2k1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d

ATM & DAB Retrofit

I upgraded from an entrynav unit to the Harman one which was delivered to me as plus n play. It works just fine except from the factory navigation due to missing ATM in the trunk and DAB radio due to missing cable and most probably diversity antenna.

I would like to have both working so I ordered the respective parts (used ATM and repair line DAB). My questions are the following:

1. I managed to run the cable from the trunk till drivers seat but How do I run both cables through the panel under the wheel? Only two hex bolts hold it in place?

2. Navigation and DAB menus are both visible but 609 and 654 are missing from my VO. Do I have to code them both ?

3. Is esys 3.30+ 2.8.1 launcher enough for this operation? My istep level is 16-11-502

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 10:44 AM   #2
Finn2k1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d

To (partially) answer my own questions:

1. I had to also remove the handle on the left side that is used to open the bonet/hood and also the trim. Then I ran underneath the trim the Ethernet cable along with the DAB cable. Where that trim is joined with the panel underneath the wheel, there is a small hole that allows both cables to change direction and run through that panel. The panel is being hold in place with two hex bolts that are easily removed. From there it's easy to thread the cable to the head unit.

2. DAB was already coded to my head unit hence the DAB menu was visible. Only thing I had to change was to FDL the head unit and set DAB protocol to dab_plus from dmb. DAB+ is the protocol used in most parts of Europe.
Appreciate 0