BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > M135i Ordered
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
SixDegrees
Lieutenant
SixDegrees's Avatar
9
Rep
445
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 Abarth 500  [0.00]
M135i Ordered

Ordered today..

M135i
- Mineral Grey, 3dr, Auto
- Comfort Pack
- Sun Protection Pack
- Business Media/Nav
- Heated Seats

Decent discount / deposit contribution from BMW/Dealer. Trade wasn't bad, could've been better but doubt with the discount they would've budged much.

Now I've got a wee wait until March before I get it

__________________
2014 [14] M135i, 3dr, MG, Auto, SP, CP, HS, HK and FBP
Recent Past.....
2011 [61] Abarth 500, Funk White, Leather, H&R
2007 [57] 320d M-Sport Touring
Pre 2007 - GT TDI 4MO, Mk4 R32, A3 TQ, A3T, Cupra R and on and on and on.....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
145
Rep
2,142
Posts

Drives: Mineral/Glacier White
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Congratulations! The wait is going to suck!

Please can someone explain how discounts work. Everybody seems to be buying their cars with these and I can't understand it. Do you mean that the dealer gives you a discount in the form of a good trade-in?

Here in South Africa (at least to my knowledge), the advertised price is the price you pay.

I think I'm doing something wrong!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
AAddict
Private
0
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cumbria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
Congratulations! The wait is going to suck!

Please can someone explain how discounts work. Everybody seems to be buying their cars with these and I can't understand it. Do you mean that the dealer gives you a discount in the form of a good trade-in?

Here in South Africa (at least to my knowledge), the advertised price is the price you pay.

I think I'm doing something wrong!
Discount is exactly that, the list price for my M135i was a touch over 32,000. I paid 26,033. It's normal car buying practice in the UK, and unless buying something very bespoke or limited then haggling and discount is a must for most people.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
145
Rep
2,142
Posts

Drives: Mineral/Glacier White
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
Discount is exactly that, the list price for my M135i was a touch over 32,000. I paid 26,033. It's normal car buying practice in the UK, and unless buying something very bespoke or limited then haggling and discount is a must for most people.
That's a huge discount!!! I don't believe this!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
AAddict
Private
0
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cumbria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
That's a huge discount!!! I don't believe this!
You don't believe me or are you just using the figure of speech?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
SixDegrees
Lieutenant
SixDegrees's Avatar
9
Rep
445
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 Abarth 500  [0.00]
Yep, I got 4950 off. made up of 1500 BMW UK deposit contribution and Dealer has knocked off 3450.

car with all options is 34,600, reduced to 31,150. My deposit was 9000, now up'd to 10,500.

Happy days !
__________________
2014 [14] M135i, 3dr, MG, Auto, SP, CP, HS, HK and FBP
Recent Past.....
2011 [61] Abarth 500, Funk White, Leather, H&R
2007 [57] 320d M-Sport Touring
Pre 2007 - GT TDI 4MO, Mk4 R32, A3 TQ, A3T, Cupra R and on and on and on.....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
westphone
Lieutenant
westphone's Avatar
Taiwan
43
Rep
466
Posts

Drives: M135i MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (0)

Congratulations
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
145
Rep
2,142
Posts

Drives: Mineral/Glacier White
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
You don't believe me or are you just using the figure of speech?
Figure of speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixDegrees View Post
Yep, I got 4950 off. made up of 1500 BMW UK deposit contribution and Dealer has knocked off 3450.

car with all options is 34,600, reduced to 31,150. My deposit was 9000, now up'd to 10,500.

Happy days !
What a great deal! I'm seriously flabbergasted..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
AAddict
Private
0
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cumbria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
Figure of speech



What a great deal! I'm seriously flabbergasted..

That's cool, I was about to send you my invoice to prove it
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
145
Rep
2,142
Posts

Drives: Mineral/Glacier White
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
That's cool, I was about to send you my invoice to prove it
Hahaha no I really believe you!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Harris27
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: Mercedes C63 AMG 2012
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

@anodite10. You must ask!! im in SA and interested in a M135i im shopping around, best i have been offered is R33k of list!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #12
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
145
Rep
2,142
Posts

Drives: Mineral/Glacier White
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris27 View Post
@anodite10. You must ask!! im in SA and interested in a M135i im shopping around, best i have been offered is R33k of list!
That's excellent! Are you doing a trade-in as well?

In my defense, I usually get great trade-ins, but an additional discount would be nice.

Do you mind telling me what dealerships you've checked out?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
Harris27
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: Mercedes C63 AMG 2012
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
That's excellent! Are you doing a trade-in as well?

In my defense, I usually get great trade-ins, but an additional discount would be nice.

Do you mind telling me what dealerships you've checked out?
No Trade in, they have lee way. Is different with certain models of course.
The best so far, i think was BMW midrand.
Lyndhurst auto offered me R9000
Next week, going to try pop in to Kunene Brothers sandton.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
145
Rep
2,142
Posts

Drives: Mineral/Glacier White
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris27 View Post
No Trade in, they have lee way. Is different with certain models of course.
The best so far, i think was BMW midrand.
Lyndhurst auto offered me R9000
Next week, going to try pop in to Kunene Brothers sandton.
Thanks. I will be checking those out!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST