BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Chiptuning a 116i
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #23
Gras
Private First Class
Greece
5
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: F20 116i, Urban, Auto
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

I found this from ChipTronic:

For the 116i: From 136PS to 160PS & 220Nm to 260Nm

For the 118i: From 170PS to 200PS & 250Nm to 290Nm

Both at 700Euro..

http://www.chiptronic.de/de/benzin-t...0kw-136ps.html
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #24
Gras
Private First Class
Greece
5
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: F20 116i, Urban, Auto
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Also from speed buster:

For 116i: From 136PS to 163PS & 220Nm to 280Nm

At 700euro again

http://www.speed-buster.de/en/chiptu...ps/a-10109510/

For other F20 including diesel check:

http://www.speed-buster.de/en/chiptu...d3bc7bd7474f10
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #25
Nomad81
New Member
4
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: Alpine White E92 LCI M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Check out ziptuning.nl

It is showing there that the 116i can be tuned to 210hp! This is seriously making me consider swapping my E92 for an F20.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
Gras
Private First Class
Greece
5
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: F20 116i, Urban, Auto
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad81 View Post
Check out ziptuning.nl

It is showing there that the 116i can be tuned to 210hp! This is seriously making me consider swapping my E92 for an F20.
Hello and welcome! This is true. Any turbocharged engine is much easier to increase its power & torque comapred to a naturally aspirated one. As per a close friend of mine who's happened to be a car engineer he advised me that 210hp is the maximum you can get from this engine. At least without the need to change any core parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #27
max2005b
Private
19
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: F20
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Hi,

I am seeing chips both for 116i and 118i that gets you to 200 bhp approx.

Also I'm seeing some companies that gets 116i to 160bhp and 118i to 200bhp.

Is there any difference in the 116i and 118i engine?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #28
ms1971
New Member
Russian Federation
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW F20 116i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by padishah View Post
Greetings from istanbul,
Evotech released its software for F20 1.16i you can check it out
I have used evotech software with downpipe on my Audi A4 B8 1.8T and I was very pleased..
I wrote the letter with a question to the Moscow representation, but in reply silence...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #29
nordschleife
BMW fanatic
10
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: F20
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

So has anyone installed one of these piggyback ECU unit on your F20? I like to see comments from user before going for it.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #30
forrestgum
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: F20 116i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordschleife View Post
So has anyone installed one of these piggyback ECU unit on your F20? I like to see comments from user before going for it.
We have F20 116i owners who had already installed the Kelleners Sports piggy back. Check out their reviews here

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/1-serie...s-sport-7.html
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #31
nordschleife
BMW fanatic
10
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: F20
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestgum View Post
We have F20 116i owners who had already installed the Kelleners Sports piggy back. Check out their reviews here

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/1-serie...s-sport-7.html
Thanks forrestgumm, already read that one by zeromax, I have checked the price of KS piggyback, costs almost double of other brands. I wonder if they are all the same, at least on the peak output.

Anyone on other brand?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #32
Fanis
Lieutenant
Fanis's Avatar
Greece
31
Rep
485
Posts

Drives: 116i (F20) Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Athens, Greece

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hartge will release it own tuning by the end of the month. Being tested right now...the 116i will go to 170bhp and the 118i to 205 bhp. Here you can see the testing videos

116i:


118i:
__________________
2011- : BMW 116i (F20)
2009-11: BMW Z4 2.5si (E85)
2007-09: Mini Cooper S (R56)
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #33
forrestgum
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: F20 116i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordschleife View Post
Thanks forrestgumm, already read that one by zeromax, I have checked the price of KS piggyback, costs almost double of other brands. I wonder if they are all the same, at least on the peak output.

Anyone on other brand?
Hey good to see you here too...there is another review by Ben1 which is more precise. I have personally tried Zeromax's car and can only say it's awesome. KS have managed to transform the 116i from a souless drive to a one with lots of life.

I'm looking at speed-buster chiptuning, hope to install it within the next few weeks.

Btw, any F20 stuff to get in HK? I may be there in June.

Last edited by forrestgum; 04-14-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #34
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
Brenyaman's Avatar
Spain
9
Rep
237
Posts

Drives: F20 120D Aut Urban
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Spain

iTrader: (0)

In this review by the Spanish magazine Autopista, the real bhp of the 118i F20 is not 170 as sold by BMW, but 185,2

http://http://motor.terra.es/pruebas...7968-datos.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #35
nordschleife
BMW fanatic
10
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: F20
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestgum View Post
Hey good to see you here too...there is another review by Ben1 which is more precise. I have personally tried Zeromax's car and can only say it's awesome. KS have managed to transform the 116i from a souless drive to a one with lots of life.

I'm looking at speed-buster chiptuning, hope to install it within the next few weeks.

Btw, any F20 stuff to get in HK? I may be there in June.
You can get the Swiss chiptech piggyback here, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks....
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #36
forrestgum
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: F20 116i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordschleife View Post
You can get the Swiss chiptech piggyback here, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks....
Not looking for something too bulky...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #37
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
75
Rep
945
Posts

Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandbach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech
Anyone aware of anything in the UK? Just an ECU map
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #38
lmmo1977
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW 320d (E90)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lisbon

iTrader: (0)

Any real world experience with any of these chiptuning solutions?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #39
Snitskie
New Member
5
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: F20 116i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Guys what happens when you bring it for service to your BMW dealer. I heard they often update software and you loose everything. Also my car is lease and BMW gives a 2 year warranty on the engine etc and they said I would loose that if I would chip it.

Any comments or suggestions on this?

Regards,
Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #40
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
75
Rep
945
Posts

Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandbach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitskie
Guys what happens when you bring it for service to your BMW dealer. I heard they often update software and you loose everything. Also my car is lease and BMW gives a 2 year warranty on the engine etc and they said I would loose that if I would chip it.

Any comments or suggestions on this?

Regards,
Mike
This is bluefin:

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=3&fueltype=2&model=253&variant=2187

You plug it into your computer port in the cabin and you pick original or remapped- so when u need to take it to the dealer you just remap it yourself with the original settings

That's for the old 1 series - but I'm hoping they'll have the new model out soon!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #41
wolz
Second Lieutenant
wolz's Avatar
Sweden
11
Rep
216
Posts

Drives: bmw F20 120d
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: sweden

iTrader: (0)

My understanding is that bmw can tell that the ECU has been tampered with, even if you got those that revert to stock-settings...So if you get a major break-down on the engine, they might tell you "sorry no warranty, pay up if u want it fixed". Depends on the dealer... som are more kind than others.

But on the other hand, if one would chip-tune at a serious tuner they usually "take over" the engine-warranty so if the engine break down they will take the cost for the repair. That would indicate they are pretty certain their product won't damage the car. But defenitely a good idea to have a look at the tuners policy if things go bad.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #42
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
75
Rep
945
Posts

Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandbach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
My understanding is that bmw can tell that the ECU has been tampered with, even if you got those that revert to stock-settings...So if you get a major break-down on the engine, they might tell you "sorry no warranty, pay up if u want it fixed". Depends on the dealer... som are more kind than others.

But on the other hand, if one would chip-tune at a serious tuner they usually "take over" the engine-warranty so if the engine break down they will take the cost for the repair. That would indicate they are pretty certain their product won't damage the car. But defenitely a good idea to have a look at the tuners policy if things go bad.
I thought this was only if you physically tamper with the ECU- if you're doing a software remap- this they wouldnt be able to tell. The bluefin itself takes a copy of your actual ECU
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #43
lmmo1977
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW 320d (E90)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lisbon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
I thought this was only if you physically tamper with the ECU- if you're doing a software remap- this they wouldnt be able to tell. The bluefin itself takes a copy of your actual ECU
I believe they will know if you have changed the software. That's pretty simple to do (e.g., doing a checksum calculation).
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #44
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
75
Rep
945
Posts

Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandbach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmmo1977 View Post
I believe they will know if you have changed the software. That's pretty simple to do (e.g., doing a checksum calculation).
Interesting- has anyone ever had BMW refuse to do work because they have detected a software mod on the ECU?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST