BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 6HP26 mechatronic sealing sleeve replacement

05-20-2023, 02:43 PM   #1
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

6HP26 mechatronic sealing sleeve replacement

Hoping someone can answer a quick question for me, I'm in the process of replacing this on my E65. I've done this job before on my old E60, but this time the replacement sleeve (genuine ZF part) came with a separate small o-ring that wasn't pre-installed on the new sleeve. The other ones are on there like I remember. Can anyone tell me if this smaller o-ring slips on the new sleeve somewhere? ZF did update the part, the old one used to have orange o-rings whereas the new one has all black o-rings. I'm thinking this is just some extra o-ring that was in the bag with the sleeve, maybe for a different car but I want to make sure before I put everything back together. Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by Chihuahua; 05-20-2023 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0