BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Illumination package. Is it possible?

12-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
bimmerblanco
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 2014

Illumination package. Is it possible?

Hi guys. I have a 118i on its basic version (1.6 twin turbo engine 170 hp automatic trans). I want to equip my car with the interior ambient lighting package (LEDs in roof and color LEDs in doors and feet spaces). I noticed that there are 2 colors available, orange and blue.
Here in Mexico my dealer is not so sure I can do that upgrade to the car. They are looking if there's a chance.
Do you know if I can do it? In your countries is an option? I have no doubts about the roof LEDs my doubt are the personalized LEDs for doors and feet panels.

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Hi,

BMW do LED retrofit LED kits, see link below.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...22&hg=63&fg=95

There's lots of aftermarket retrofits to upgrade all or some of the interior lights from bulbs to LEDs.

Not sure if this is what you are wanting. Have seen BMS LED trunk upgrade [link below] and its a vast improvement over the standard bulb so I plan on getting one of these.

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_LED_trunk_lights.html

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 02:56 AM   #3
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerblanco View Post
Hi guys. I have a 118i on its basic version (1.6 twin turbo engine 170 hp automatic trans).
Just for the record, the engine has a single turbo with two air inlets.

Explanation from internet:
Quote:
The name “TwinPower Turbo” has confused many people as to what lies under the bonnet of their BMWs. That’s because the name describes both single twin-scroll and twin-turbo engines, despite what the name might suggest. TwinPower Turbo was originally first
Twin-scroll Twin-scroll
used on the twin-scroll turbo (launched on the 5-Series Gran Turismo in 2009, followed by E90 335i, 135i, X3 and X5 in 2010) engines starting with the N55 (six-cylinder single turbo replacement for twin-turbo N54) and N74 (6-liter V12 twin-turbo in the 760i and 750Li) in 2009.

Twin-scross turbocharging is basically the core technology for TwinPower Turbo BMWs. These special turbos are designed to reduce lag and also NOx emissions through better use of the gasses.

The twin-scroll design starts with an exhaust manifold that separates the exhaust gasses that can interfere with one another, as the gasses flow two through different spirals called “scrolls”. The turbo has two nozzles with different nozzles, one smaller and sharper for better low-end response and another larger and less angled one that comes in at high output requirements. BMW calls its special exhaust manifold Cylinder-bank Comprehensive Manifold or CCM for short.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 06:26 AM   #4
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerblanco View Post
Hi guys. I have a 118i
I want to equip my car with the interior ambient lighting package (LEDs in roof and color LEDs in doors and feet spaces). I noticed that there are 2 colors available, orange and blue.
Here in Mexico my dealer is not so sure I can do that upgrade to the car. They are looking if there's a chance.
Do you know if I can do it? In your countries is an option? I have no doubts about the roof LEDs my doubt are the personalized LEDs for doors and feet panels.

Thanks for your help!
Hi
I am informed that the standard wiring harness has the connections, so it should be possible to upgrade, however, you would have to buy the lighting control module, all the door handle housings (get them painted) as well as all the interior parts and then have it all wired up. It may be more economical to add it when you get the next car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0