BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2021 F1 Driver Salaries
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #23
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Thank you for the concern my friend
No matter what the road condition is : My Mini always knows the road in winter....
A Mini has won the Dakar rally six times so your one should have no problem
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #24
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
1032
Rep
1,875
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative . My M is always stored in winter in my warm garage on my CTEK battery charger ...
#garagequeen

My M never saw road salt .
That is some royal treatment for the M
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 12:07 PM   #25
six75LT
Second Lieutenant
542
Rep
203
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: West Hartford, CT

iTrader: (0)

#EndFormulaOneIncomeEquality

im sure lewis hamilton will support this
Appreciate 2
EdM51032.00

      01-24-2021, 12:17 PM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26019
Rep
14,730
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
That is some royal treatment for the M
As we know the ///M V8 is not cheap in Belgium and in the Netherlands ..
The Belgian yearly driver taxes are insane as well . Royal ? Yeah mate . Only kings can drive them over here !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
EdM51032.00

      01-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26019
Rep
14,730
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
A Mini has won the Dakar rally six times so your one should have no problem
Indeed my friend . Tomorrow morning my Mini is ready for some ice drifts !
2 years ago early in the morning during a crazy heatwave thunderstorm with high water floods , I drove the Mini through at least 30/40 cm high water ...
A river overflowed ! And the high water came up on my Mini's hood and the windshield !
The fire brigade was along the road with their big blue warning lights on .
They looked at me with eye bulging eyes So , I pulled my side window down , and I screamed at the firefighters : I just saw a fish on the road ! I swear I saw one !
True story !!!


The Mini is a little car for sure . But honestly , It's really amazing what the little car do in extreme weather conditions !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 01-24-2021 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 2
EdM51032.00

      01-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #28
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
1032
Rep
1,875
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
As we know the ///M V8 is not cheap in Belgium and in the Netherlands ..
The Belgian yearly driver taxes are insane as well . Royal ? Yeah mate . Only kings can drive them over here !
You bet! My M4 CP was north of 150.000 EUR (183.000 $). Insane
I hear that income tax is even higher in B than in NL.
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #29
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative . My M is always stored in winter in my warm garage on my CTEK battery charger ...
#garagequeen

My M never saw road salt . But I can tell you my red Mini saw pretty much everything , like snow, ice ,hail , thunderstorms with high water and mud streams .
In other words : My Mini is a war tank !
My one's outside with a canopy cover over it when it freezes up and snows) and a CTEK connected up to it..the garage is full of stuff from the other place.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:17 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26019
Rep
14,730
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
You bet! My M4 CP was north of 150.000 EUR (183.000 $). Insane
I hear that income tax is even higher in B than in NL.
Yep ! Inscription tax was 10K Euro's , and my yearly drivers tax ' (each year) is 2,148 Euro's !
Just to drive my car .... It's really insane ?!?!
On 10 years ?

*GOD BLESS AMERICA*
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
EdM51032.00

      01-24-2021, 01:19 PM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26019
Rep
14,730
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
My one's outside with a canopy cover over it when it freezes up and snows) and a CTEK connected up to it..the garage is full of stuff from the other place.
That's not too bad my friend . If you drive it through road salt . That's worse ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:26 PM   #32
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's not too bad my friend . If you drive it through road salt . That's worse ...
I use the M come rain or sun but as yourself I will not use it in snow and on salted roads, use the CLK for that
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #33
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yep ! Inscription tax was 10K Euro's , and my yearly drivers tax ' (each year) is 2,148 Euro's !
Just to drive my car .... It's really insane ?!?!
On 10 years ?

*GOD BLESS AMERICA*
I knew it was high taxes in Belgium from what I read about Max my friend but that tax on cars is just daylight robbery . I thought the road tax on my M was high at 565 a year.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #34
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26019
Rep
14,730
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I knew it was high taxes in Belgium from what I read about Max my friend but that tax on cars is just daylight robbery . I thought the road tax on my M was high at 565 a year.
565 a year ? That's one of my dreams ....

So ....I'm paying driver taxes for 4 ///M cars !

This one is for my Belgian government =>
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 02:15 PM   #35
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
565 a year ? That's one of my dreams ....

So ....I'm paying driver taxes for 4 ///M cars !

This one is for my Belgian government =>
That government needs a red hot poker up it's exhaust my friend
I heard the worst places are Scandinavian countries where taxes are really exorbitant.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26019
Rep
14,730
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
That government needs a red hot poker up it's exhaust my friend
I heard the worst places are Scandinavian countries where taxes are really exorbitant.
Over here they say : A V8 is dirty . While the factories blow toxic pollution in the air ..
That's why I have to pay higher taxes . Give me a F* break !!!
60 % of my monthly income salary (paycheck) is for the Belgian taxes . So my monthly salary is every month - 60 % !!!
Honestly ...I'm sick of it !!!

$154,000 for a Prius is the norm in Singapore => https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...more-desirable

Crazy !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 01-24-2021 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 02:52 PM   #37
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Over here they say : A V8 is dirty . While the factories blow toxic pollution in the air ..
That's why I have to pay higher taxes . Give me a F* break !!!
60 % of my monthly income salary (paycheck) is for the Belgian taxes . So my monthly salary is every month - 60 % !!!
Honestly ...I'm sick of it !!!

$154,000 for a Prius is the norm in Singapore => https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...more-desirable

Crazy !!!
$154K?? for a Prius in Singapore..a new M5 F90 is around 82k here with all taxes paid!
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 02:59 PM   #38
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26019
Rep
14,730
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
$154K?? for a Prius in Singapore..a new M5 F90 is around 82k here with all taxes paid!
The Belgian government is populated by thieves !

In 2012 a ///M3 E92 was here 104K Euro's + 10k inscription taxes + the yearly driver taxes .
Of course a crazy car insurance is required as well...


AMEN !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 03:29 PM   #39
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Belgian government is populated by thieves !

In 2012 a ///M3 E92 was here 104K Euro's + 10k inscription taxes + the yearly driver taxes .
Of course a crazy car insurance is required as well...


AMEN !!!
Sounds like you need a ''Robin Hood'' there to negate the evil Belgian 'Sheriff of Nottingham' whose henchmen ride around on horses robbing good hard working folk of their gold and earnings.

Last edited by M5theonlyone; 01-24-2021 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 04:05 PM   #40
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26019
Rep
14,730
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Sounds like you need a ''Robin Hood'' there to negate the evil Belgian 'Sherwood of Nottingham' whose henchmen ride around on horses robbing good hard working folk of their gold and earnings.
Actually I work for 60 % for the Belgian government !
Yeah . Wooden arrows are welcome for those thieves ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 04:34 PM   #41
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Actually I work for 60 % for the Belgian government !
Yeah . Wooden arrows are welcome for those thieves ...
Good luck with those arrows my friend,I'm going on the walking/running machine now (been lazing around too long on the sofa)
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 06:58 PM   #42
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
28698
Rep
10,944
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah , back in 2012 I've done the mod. by myself .
First I test drove with the ///M Performance exhaust , Akrapovic and Eisenmann.
And honestly I didn't liked the sound of these...Because there's also something like sound quality ..

So I decided to perform the Oem. exhaust mod . I replaced the 2 big perforated pipes by 2 full stainless steel pipes .
It was an experiment for me and I thought : If I fail , or don't like how it sounds like , I just buy a new BMW Oem. exhaust.
BUT !
I was was blown away by the sound . It sounds fantastic , and with zero drone .
Today I still love my Oem exhaust mod . It wakes the ///M S65 V8 really up !
During the cold start cycle It's loud ,It can be quiet when you drive normal . But when you step on it , It's like a race machine ! The sound quality always remains great and sounds really refined !
My friend , for further questions you can always PM me ..

Video shows the DIY of the mod

Not my car but nearly the same set up. I have a Tubi Exhaust with X-Pipe so mine goes a bit higher on the top end and lower on the low end.

__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 95 Wins. 98 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 3 Pole Positions, 10 Wins and 10 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 2
yco3188.50

      01-25-2021, 06:51 AM   #43
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8603
Rep
6,303
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Tubi or not Tubi,that is the question. (sorry couldn't resist
Appreciate 2
      01-25-2021, 03:26 PM   #44
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
28698
Rep
10,944
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Tubi or not Tubi,that is the question. (sorry couldn't resist
You forgot to show yourself out after that one!! LOL!!

Well played, sir. Well played.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 95 Wins. 98 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 3 Pole Positions, 10 Wins and 10 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST