BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 116d handling upgrades

01-12-2022, 10:13 AM   #23
IREALITY
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 and x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildream View Post
Hi,

I'm a new user here and I recently brought a BMW f20 116d from 2015.
I have VSS steering and I'm quite disappointed how the car handles... steering feels filtered and light/over assisted on high speeds. On turns I really feel body rolling - like my old GOLF IV. I'm really looking forward to improve all of this asap.

From what I've researched on other forums, these are the cheapest top priorities:
1. Rear Underbody brace;
2. [COLOR="Silver"]Rear subframe bushes;[/COLOR]
3. New Front Sway bar;
4. Bilstein B4.

I'm also considering upgrading my 16" wheels to bigger 17" but I don't know if this will improve car handling.

Please let me know what you think of this and if you have other suggestions.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildream View Post
Hi,

I'm a new user here and I recently brought a BMW f20 116d from 2015.
I have VSS steering and I'm quite disappointed how the car handles... steering feels filtered and light/over assisted on high speeds. On turns I really feel body rolling - like my old GOLF IV. I'm really looking forward to improve all of this asap.

From what I've researched on other forums, these are the cheapest top priorities:
1. Rear Underbody brace;
2. [COLOR="Silver"]Rear subframe bushes;[/COLOR]
3. New Front Sway bar;
4. Bilstein B4.

I'm also considering upgrading my 16" wheels to bigger 17" but I don't know if this will improve car handling.

Please let me know what you think of this and if you have other suggestions.
Thanks!
Helpful ?
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2023, 11:25 AM   #24
evildream
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 - 116d

Hello again...
So 2 years after the new setup (prokit springs + oem shocks), I'm getting intense metallic squeaking from left rear wheel and I really need to do something about it... from what I've been reading might be the springs.

Did anyone with lowering spring + oem shocks had the same problem? Any suggestion?
Thanks
Appreciate 0