BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 116i starting Issues and not running

11-29-2021, 08:55 AM   #1
Paul_NI
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116I sport

116i starting Issues and not running

Hi All,

sorry if this has been discussed previously, I am new to the forum and did try to search but could not find anything.

My sons 2012 F20 116i 1 series auto broke down on the motorway on saturday, lost power, drive train issue. I read the codes and had all sorts, misfire cylinder 1, low fuel pressure, etc.

Anyway, car just would not start. Swapped over the coild packs on cylinder 1 and 2, reset the codes, but still not starting. however, just the one code about low pressure in the fuel rail. battery basically went flat and wasnt going to start the car anyway now so got it recovered home. recovery guy used a jump pack and the car did start! but would not take any revs, would only idle. That was ok as we were able to get it into nutural to get her on the back of the lorry!

anyway, got her home. got battery sorted and the car does start, and seem to rev ok for about a minute and then will not take any revs and dies.

As a simple check, I have replace the fuel pump relay and still the same issue. Code is still reading low pressure on fuel rail.

I am thinking high pressure fuel pump?

Anyone else experinec something similar and how did you fix it?

Thanks
Paul.
Appreciate 0