BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Odometer to 999999 + red dot after bimmercode coding

10-07-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
LintonSamuelDawson
Registered
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d F21 LCI

Odometer to 999999 + red dot after bimmercode coding

Hello everyone
I had a very curious problem and I'm looking all around the internet to see if I can fix it by myself before going to BMW..

so, I bought a few months ago a wonderful F21 118d LCI from 2016. After some weeks I read about this Bimmercode, saw a couple of tutorials and the potential of it.. so of course I bought an OBD adapter and the app and went on trying something.

When I tried coding the digital speed on the instrument cluster and went to reset the cluster I had the problem in the subject: the kilometrage jumped to 999999 and the red tamper dot appeared. resetting the coding did nothing of course.

Bimmercode assistance suggest to just go to BMW, in the logs they see nothing wrong and it could be a problem with the cluster EEPROM. Also my trusted mechanic suggests to go to BMW, not mention the coding and hoping they just fix it ( )

Anything I can do by myself? Maybe with Esys or some other advanced tools?

thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
DomMuc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

red dot is shown when the cluster recognises a manipulation ( coded with wrong fa, sa numbers included that do not work with that cluster etc)..... 99999kms shown is new to me.. with luck it just needs to be coded at a bmw dealer -> worst case you nedd a new cluster
Appreciate 0