BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New here.. After some info on M135i

08-05-2019, 02:09 AM   #1
bkat_m135i
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

New here.. After some info on M135i

Hi everyone,

As the title say's i am new here and this is the first post of many!

Wife wanted a hot hatch and she like's her BMW's and she fell in love with the M135i so for her birthday (which is today) we went and got a 2012 with 80k on the clock for a reasonable price, first owner in NZ imported from Japan.

First question i have is what are the brakes on it off because they look a lot bigger than standard and are about the same size as whats on my C63. Would like to get new pads front are rear.

Second question is i also noticed a few extra plugs going in an out of sensors an when i traced them back it had a AC Schnitzer piggy back tuner box. Cant find any user manuals on this and wondering if it has different settings or is it just plug in and that's it.

Third and final question is i found a little toggle switch in the glove box which is basically a ON or OFF switch and when switched it momentarily switches the i Drive display off for a few seconds then comes back on and i cant tell what its for and ment to do?? anyone know?? might have to trace the wires and find out what else its connected to.

Only had the vehicle for a few days and it drives nice and has nice power. Will get on hoist next weekend and look for any other add-ons but only other stuff i noticed was aftermarket charge air piping which i have read factory piping breaks as its plastic and just a front strut brace.

Thanks for looking and hopefully commenting.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

The brakes on the car are the larger mperformance brakes they are a dealer fitted option I think they over 2000usd work very well I have them on mine. 2nd and third question I have no idea as I'm using a bootmod3 flash. I'm not sure if you are aware you have a pwg m135i if you do mod the car thats abit of information you would need to know. She looks like a beaut congrats

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0