BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Still want an EV?

Today, 09:08 PM   #8009
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Fox News, the CIA, Texas' opinion, and California slander all in one neat package. I thought the right deeply mistrusts the CIA/FBI? If I were a Texan, I'd be more worried about a statewide power outage bankrupting my neighbors. And Fox News... well, y'all showed your hand with that one.

Can't wait for the new threads that're about to pop up after today's reveal of the revised Tesla Model 3 Performance. Faster 0-60, weighs about 100lbs more, about 40 miles less range, and 7 more horsepower than the 2024 BMW M3 Comp I was considering. For about $30k less, before Federal and State rebates.

Regardless of the love or hate of EVs, I don't think anyone can refute the performance at that price point.
Of course you can. I didn't buy a F150 Hybrid because the thought of having a fuel air lithium explosive device in my garage was a bridge to far. That was before I found out how horrible the fire death rates are for anything in an accident with a lithium battery in it.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:34 PM   #8010
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
My point about text books is they cost a lot of money to manufacture vs. some internet site that can change the words for free. If a scientific text book does not meet academic standards (what I meant by peer review) it will not sell and the publisher loses money. And text books teach the fundamentals of science study, which is what I use to judge internet scientific information. The internet is basically full of agenda-driven bullshit. So, no, scientific text books from 40 years ago are not outdated.

The study under discussion here, made no reasoning what effect automation has on reducing truck emissions. I read the article several times and I did not see the tie in into automation. I think we are 5 decades away (if ever) from automated over-the-road trucks. 50 years time is well past most climate scientists prediction of the point of no climatic return.

We're on the exact same page. I have a full archive copy of zlib and I highly recommend anyone who gives a damn about reading to do the same.
      Today, 10:44 PM   #8011
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I need to take a picture, but Tesla has been using an abandoned mall parking lot near me for some time to store excess vehicles. Well, that parking lot now looks like a mall from the 90s at Christmas time because there could easily be a thousand vehicles parked there. It seems like the number just keeps growing and growing every time I drive by the spot. I'm not sure if it's a regional hub where they store vehicles for a multistate area or whatever, but it's unbelievable how many cars are parked there now.
Appreciate 0