BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 2019 mercedes benz a220 fully loaded

08-16-2022, 04:27 PM   #23
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Really - do they mark all posts as spam or just the one I voted on? I'm not sure they would go back and mark all.

At any rate, I quickly looked this guy up and perhaps didn't go back as far as you, because I only went back a year. Every single one of his posts I saw was hawking something...not these posts you speak of of his new wheels / rides etc.

And what I did notice, is that he managed to get every single one of those other posts in the correct forum - not OT. Maybe he wore out his welcome there, I don't know, but OT isn't the place. And I daresay he's learned that now if he chooses to come back and read this thread.
They flag the username as spam, not the individual post. So the warning flag goes on anything he posts.

It works fine when we flag a new user, so once it is confirmed the user is blocked. In this case, and in my opinion it’s not right.
sygazelle11091.00
      08-16-2022, 04:39 PM   #24
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Of course there are limits but show me where he is out of line?

Terms of Service

Forum Rules and Guidelines
7) Post in the correct forum this is especially important for our new members. Our community is divided into different forums for a reason, it helps to keep the posts organized and on-topic. If you have a post asking a question about purchasing a new car, or what option to get, etc, please post in the New Car section not in the photo gallery for example. This will help ensure you get the correct and meaningful answers to your question and will keep the site more focused for our veteran users.

8) No Commercial Posts or Activity We have very strict Anti-spam policies here and we will be deleting posts/banning users without notice when the post is a commercial post made by a non community sponsor. If you happen to see these types of posts on the forum, we urge you to report these members to us. Commercial/advertising usernames, signatures, avatars, group buys etc. are reserved strictly for site sponsors.

I don’t think the op is “out of line”, just to be clear. I was just making a general statement. This thread doesn’t belong in this forum. And by virtue of it being in OT other posters are protected from the “no thread crapping” rule I believe lol

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 07:25 PM   #25
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
And what I did notice, is that he managed to get every single one of those other posts in the correct forum - not OT.
Is there a for-sale forum for non-BMW cars/parts here on BP? If not, his post would technically be OT there.

I honestly don't know the answer, since I don't see classifieds on my forum view (bmwi.bimmerpost.com)...nor would I buy anything if it was listed, because I'm not shopping for anything on a forum that costs more than a half-eaten bologna sandwich. Talk about run-on sentence.....
      08-17-2022, 09:57 AM   #26
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Is there a for-sale forum for non-BMW cars/parts here on BP? If not, his post would technically be OT there.

I honestly don't know the answer, since I don't see classifieds on my forum view (bmwi.bimmerpost.com)...nor would I buy anything if it was listed, because I'm not shopping for anything on a forum that costs more than a half-eaten bologna sandwich. Talk about run-on sentence.....
I don't think there is any rule against posting non BMW cars in the classified, and I see an Audi listed on the first page as well. Here's the link for the classifieds because you know you want to look. I'm sure you have *some* disposable cash lying around right?

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...456&order=desc

I mean it is primarily BMW's because...well...this is a BMW forum and so in fairness, that's the best place to try to sell your BMW since anyone here is probably interested in BMW's...just like the best place to sell this A220 would *probably* be on a Mercedes forum...

But you could post the Mighty Dodge - maybe you'll get a bite. What did you list it for btw?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 10:11 AM   #27
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
The guy has been a member since 2012. Yes, he has posts selling stuff but he also has posts of his rides, new wheels, you know.... the stuff we are supposed to post here. Now every one of his posts are marked as potential spam. That's not right.

You can bust balls about the MB post but he's not a spammer.

Just my $0.02
Really - do they mark all posts as spam or just the one I voted on? I'm not sure they would go back and mark all.

At any rate, I quickly looked this guy up and perhaps didn't go back as far as you, because I only went back a year. Every single one of his posts I saw was hawking something...not these posts you speak of of his new wheels / rides etc.

And what I did notice, is that he managed to get every single one of those other posts in the correct forum - not OT. Maybe he wore out his welcome there, I don't know, but OT isn't the place. And I daresay he's learned that now if he chooses to come back and read this thread.
Maybe he should try posting this on the political/religion forum next time
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 11:54 AM   #28
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
But you could post the Mighty Dodge - maybe you'll get a bite. What did you list it for btw?
$17K, which is below KBB for a pre-DPF and pre-DEF Cummins 4x4.

We may just sit on it for a few months, until winter approaches and 4x4 buying season opens up. It is costing me nothing but insurance to own it at this point, and we actually used it for a 400-mile road trip over the weekend.

The only reason why I want to sell it is that a used Mercedes Sprinter diesel van would suit our current road trip needs better than the truck, since I have been forced into retirement from competition and don't need to tow the race car hauler on weekends. Our next planned trip is in December, so there's no huge rush.....
      08-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #29
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
The thread just needs to be moved to where you sell sh*t on here... doubt OT is the proper place.

^^^

It's not spam, its just not in the best place. The off topic rules do not exclude so far as I can tell, but there is a rule about posting something in the correct forum. Since the sale of a car has a spot already, it's not the best idea to post it in Off Topic.

Here is the rule: 7) Post in the correct forum this is especially important for our new members. Our community is divided into different forums for a reason, it helps to keep the posts organized and on-topic. "
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2022, 12:47 PM   #30
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~STREETDREAMS~ View Post
Thank You My Friend, Well Said
For everyone else, You guys are so butt hurt over a simple post says a lot about Yourselves :
It's interesting. First, you post an A-class in the BMW off-topic forum when you know that there is a specific classified forum. Then, you react when off topic forum members react to your post.

While its true that there are no rules specifically prohibiting posting a car sale, even a Mercedes on this off topic forum, can you say you are really surprised by the reaction from this known-to-be-tough crowd?

If your goal is to sell the car, maybe you want to move the post to classifieds. Calling out people as butt hurt, even if you are correct, isn't going to help get the car sold.

All the best to you in getting that car sold. There's a buyer out there somewhere. Good luck.
Appreciate 0