BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Drivetrain error - limp mode/no power? help!

03-12-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
Nookster
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 M Sport X Drive

Thumbs down Drivetrain error - limp mode/no power? help!

Hello

Was wondering if anyone could help me, my BMW F20 120d X Drive M Sport seems to be in what I would describe as limp mode, it drives and idles fine however as soon as you get into turbo
range it will (bear with me as I describe it) kind of over rev up with no drive to the wheels as if it was in neutral then back down to the RPMs it was at and then it slowly builds up as if without a turbo or limiting itself ??

Now this started once after running out of diesel, and displayed the error message "Drivetrain error, continue the journey at a moderate speed" this however went away and was fine only to return a day later, after reading the codes with carly (show below) and clearing them,
the drivetrain error no longer appears but the loss of power is exactly the same

If driving normally around the streets it drives fine which is my thread of hope that it's nothing too serious () however when needing any power it is an absolute lemon now!

I am dreading what the cause is if anyone has any ideas where to start or possible causes I would be forever grateful

The first image is what was found before clearing and hasn't popped up since (however it hasn't been driven a lot for obvious reasons) listed just in case it is a hint to anything
The second two images are faults that are persistent and continually appear when cleared and driven a little.

Thanks for your time
Attached Images

Appreciate 0