BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 halogen headlights to Osram LED headlights upgrade

02-13-2024, 10:41 AM   #1
eross_norbii
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series F20

F20 halogen headlights to Osram LED headlights upgrade

Hi guys,
So I own a non-facelift F20 with halogen headlights. I found these Osram LED headlights and was thinking about upgrading to these. They claim that the headlights are plug'n'play and only work as replacements for halogen headlamps and are also certified (so it is legal to change them).
I was wondering if somebody actually installed these already? Was it really plug'n'play? Would you mind sharing some pictures?

https://www.osram.com/ecat/LEDriving...2/ZMP_4061322/
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 01:32 AM   #2
Tjololo
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 114i urban line

They are plug & play, no coding needed.

The only bulb you're gonna need is a H7 bulb each side which is good to go both for low and high beam

The OSRAM lights though if I'm not that wrong cost twice as much (around 1100 euro) as the DEPO lights which offer the typical DRLSs with the circle shape, these cost around 600 euro so there is a huge price difference.

I have posted a couple of photos of both lights so that you can see the difference
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 05:50 AM   #3
eross_norbii
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series F20

Thank you for your reply.
Pricewise (in my country) the Osram lights are cheaper than the OEM lights and from my understanding you can't really retrofit Xenon lights on the Halogen ones and even if I could, it wouldn't be legal because I don't have headlight washers
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 05:20 AM   #4
Tjololo
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 114i urban line

Check this out before deciding which lights to buy....

I installed them on my car, they are perfect and the lights come from France, so no additional TAX to be paid

https://www.yakaequiper.com/en/phare...se-p-1568.html
Appreciate 0