BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 2020 bmw 1 series

05-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

NexT gen bmw 1 series

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 03:29 AM   #2
Karabas
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport

Time naughty rear-wheel drive "unitin" BMW has come to an end. Meet the third-generation hatchback with an internal F40 index, the main feature of which is a front-wheel drive platform with a transversely mounted engine. A three-door version will no longer be.
The wheelbase of the new hatchback is only 20 mm shorter (2670 mm) than the previous rear-wheel drive model. At the same time, the length was reduced by 5 mm (4319 mm). Changing the layout promises more spacious interior and roomy trunk. As stated in the BMW, the distance between the rows of seats increased by 33 mm, and the space above the head of the rear passengers - by 19 mm. Landing on the back row has become more convenient. The volume of the trunk under the shelf increased by 20 liters (up to 380 liters), although the maximum capacity is the same (1200 liters).
The new platform also made it possible to reduce the weight: the “one” became lighter by 30 kg, although this is also due to the aluminum hood and trunk lid. A hatchback can have wheels with a diameter from 16 to 19 inches (before it was a maximum of 18 inches), there are four performance lines to choose from (Advantage, Luxury Line, Sport Line, M Sport), which are distinguished by their decor and design elements.
The interior is in the spirit of modern large BMWs: with a characteristic location of the media system screen, a tiny climate control unit and optional virtual instruments. The top versions in front of the driver have two displays with a diagonal of 10.25 inches each and a projection screen. A sliding panoramic roof and a servo-drive of the fifth door are also offered for the first time. Of the options there are adaptive LED headlights, adaptive cruise control, media control system gestures,leather interior and much more.
However, the initial equipment is still modest. There are dial gauges, a 5.1 inch “multimedia” display, halogen headlights, ordinary bulbs in the rear lights, cloth upholstery.
Six-cylinder engines in the first series will no longer be. The hatchback will enter the market in five modifications, which have engines with three and four cylinders. Under the hood of the BMW 118i, an upgraded 1.5 turbo-engine, in which the exhaust manifold is integrated into the head of the unit, separate cooling circuits for the head and the cylinder block, a lightweight crankshaft and many other improvements. Motor produces 140 hp and 220 Nm, and in the Overboost mode it covers another 10 Nm, but only on gears of the fourth and higher.
The BMW 116d is equipped with a 1.5-cylinder three-cylinder turbodiesel (116 hp, 270 Nm), while two-liter bit turbo-fours are based on the 118d (150 hp, 350 Nm) and 120d xDrive (190 hp, 400 Nm) modifications. There are three gearboxes in the range: front-wheel drive versions are equipped with six-speed “mechanics”, for three-cylinder variants a seven-step “robot” with two clutches is offered for surcharge, and four-cylinder modifications have a classic eight-speed “automatic” (in combination with all-wheel drive it goes “in base ").
The “charged” top version of the BMW M135i xDrive with a two-liter petrol turbo engine (306 hp, 450 Nm), which debuted last year on the X2 M35i crossover, stands apart. Such a hatchback has an “automatic”, four-wheel drive, front Torsen limited-slip differential, electronic Launch Control, as well as additional body amplifiers in the front and on the central tunnel. Acceleration time to 100 km / h - 4.8 with the basic version and 4.7 with the M Performance package, the maximum speed - 250 km / h. Although the former hatchback M140i xDrive was more powerful (340 hp, 500 Nm) and faster (4.4 seconds to "hundred").
The new BMW M135i xDrive is regularly equipped with the M Sport package with other bumpers and the cellular structure of the radiator grille, as well as M-brakes, a modified steering mechanism and a sports suspension lowered by 10 mm. However, all this can be ordered for other modifications, and there are also adaptive shock absorbers in the list. For example, the ARB system, previously used only on the BMW i3s electric car: this is a new iteration of the anti-skid system, but physically it is integrated into the engine control unit, therefore it works three times faster than the classical DSC system.

Last edited by Karabas; 05-27-2019 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 03:55 AM   #3
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabas View Post
... A sliding panoramic roof and a servo-drive of the fifth door are also offered for the first time. Of the options there are adaptive LED headlights, adaptive cruise control, media control system gestures, car driver, leather interior and much more....
I see "car driver" is offered as an option. How skilled is this driver? Does he or she live in the car when it is not used?
Appreciate 1
Weiman153.50
      05-27-2019, 04:27 AM   #4
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

getting a lot of Toyota corolla vibes over here......
Daewoo Nubira II
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 05:02 AM   #5
Karabas
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I see "car driver" is offered as an option. How skilled is this driver? Does he or she live in the car when it is not used?
No, of course. Sorry, please.
Appreciate 0