BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Power loss?

07-11-2021, 04:51 AM   #1
F20116
Rep
Drives: 116d m sport

Power loss?

Hi,

I have a BMW F20. It’s a B37 engine from a 116d (3 cylinder, 1.5lt)

So as it stands, when the vehicle has been running and is at temp, it feels somewhat sluggish and the pick up when flooring the throttle isnt the same as to when i stop the car turn off and turn it on again.

When i do that the pickup and throttle response is very sharp (granted only being 116bhp, my first car)

Does anyone know why? Before i take this to the mechanic, dont want to sound stupid haha. I also find it hard to get above 30mpg combined with motorway and city driving, granted im a heavy foot driver or as heavy foot you can be in a 116bhp vehicle.

I have plugged in an OBD reader and there is a fault code which is P2243 which refers to an O2 sensor open bank 1 sensor. Not sure if this is related to that.

I have had a pulley issue too where it squeaks, it was repaired but has come back as of recently.

Appreciate the help in advance, thank you.
Appreciate 1
faz3210.00
      02-27-2022, 01:46 PM   #2
faz321
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1 series

Hi mate, I’ve got the exact same issue you described, car is sluggish and when I turn it off and on again power is restored for a short while.

I had a swirl flap error so removed the flaps, however this hasn’t fixed the issue.

I’ve also got the same o2 sensor error as you.

Did you manage to fix the issue?

Cheers in advance
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 03:25 PM   #3
F20116
Rep
Drives: 116d m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz321 View Post
Hi mate, I’ve got the exact same issue you described, car is sluggish and when I turn it off and on again power is restored for a short while.

I had a swirl flap error so removed the flaps, however this hasn’t fixed the issue.

I’ve also got the same o2 sensor error as you.

Did you manage to fix the issue?

Cheers in advance
Very late reply, but i ended up doing a swirl flap delete which sorted out my issue. Cost me about £275
Appreciate 0