BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Scam: Roland Konold aka RK-TUNING.DE (and.com)
Closed Thread

08-14-2020, 01:15 AM   #1
m140_ufo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Scam: Roland Konold aka RK-TUNING.DE (and.com)

Sorry that this isn't the first post (or if it's in the correct section? sorry!) but after lurking for some time to learn about my new BMW (coming from an Audi!) I needed a platform where this information could be found with a Google search as it's not easily found online which is why the owner is able to continue to run his "business" like this.

I have made posts on many BMW Facebook groups to try save others the same trouble in the BMW community. Posts made in those private groups won't help anyone searching for "RK-TUNING" online though so I needed a platform like BimmerPost / 1Addicts in the hope that someone else searching in Google will get this search result in future and save their money

**Please avoid purchases from Roland Konold Tuning aka RK-TUNING.DE and .COM**

I was interested in their F20 / F21 rear bumper with special side vents added to the left and right corners which I'm sure most of you have seen pictures of at some stage or another, along with some custom made fenders with M-style side vents added also, and after viewing the comments for some of those pictures with links to RK-Tuning, I made an order.

Most of you however would know them for their rear diffusers.

Communication is initially fast paced. Once money is sent, communication lessens and then becomes non-existent. All avenues of communication have been exhausted for weeks now. Emails, Facebook (personal and business pages!), WhatsApp, SMS, phone calls, voice messages - nothing is replied to.

Unfortunately the payment was requested to be a bank transfer and not PayPal. I understand that was not wise but given the stature of the brand which any BMW owner has seen and heard of, I did not think my money would be stolen.

My experience is not uncommon. There are so many others with this same experience but as mentioned, they're hard to come by online, mostly hidden in private Facebook discussions.

Yes, I did search for reviews before my order but nothing comes up if you just search for "RK Tuning reviews." Specifically, you will need to type in "ROLAND KONOLD TUNING REVIEWS" (*using a GOOGLE browser only*) to see the reviews which I later learned after trying to search deeper into what I could find.

Something seems to have changed with this company in recent months. The website, phone numbers and Facebook all seem to be a "front" for the so called business, much like any other scam company.

I am currently assisting my bank with the investigation.
Thank you for reading and I hope this post saves the BMW community the trouble that I and other's have been through.
Attached Images

Last edited by m140_ufo; 08-14-2020 at 03:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 01:17 AM   #2
m140_ufo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

For the more experienced and long time BMW members, if there are further forums I can help spread this message to the BMW community, please let me know where that can be.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread