BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Strange Vibration Coming from Shifter

02-13-2016, 04:09 AM   #1
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Strange Vibration Coming from Shifter

It's come to my attention when I rest my wrest on the stick the stick vibrates more than usual when start/stop shuts the car off at traffic lights. I think some pump working is the cause of this. I have not noticed it until two days ago. I have also noticed when the car is (I guess) hotter like in stop and go traffic, the pump works all the time.

It seems like some pump is working hard down there, and when I fully turn the car off, the pump keeps working (and the stick keeps vibrating) for another 30 seconds or so before everything truly stops.

Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Follow up on my vibration issue. After BMW checked it it is the water pump actuating. It only comes on when the car computer finds it necessary. They further comment the vibration I felt was entirely normal.
Appreciate 0