BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > What's With People?

06-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
Johnnyr
England
Rep
Drives: F20 116D Sport (on it's way)

What's With People?

My wife parked in a car park in Horsham, Saturday PM and returned to find some reprobate had vandalised the door. Why??
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
MartinHattingh
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 2.0i

Garage List
Sorry to hear.

It's a worldwide thing.

I parked my new 1er in the road outside a restaurant about a month ago, late afternoon, and returned to find the following:

- Bonnet badge stolen (pried off with a screwdriver, a tiny nick left in the paint)
- Driver's window rubber beading gone
- Rear wiper blade gone

To say I was livid is an understatement. Cost me a small fortune to replace these seemingly small things, but even worse is the feeling that my car is now not new anymore.

If something's not yours, don't touch it. Amazing how a large part of the world's population just doesn't *get* this simple principle...

What did they do to your wife's door?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
i think of nothing else when i leave my car, anywhere
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
hillbillybear
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: Estoril blue M sport.

Garage List
my previous car was a convertible and after just two months of ownership some p@ick put a cigarette on the roof resulting in a £6000 insurance claim...
never get one again , too much of a worry...
sorry for you damage....
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #5
XavVD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 125i M Sport (soon)

No respect to people and even less to their belongings... That is unfortunately the direction everywhere, plus some jealousy... If the guy can not get what you get he will destroy what you get... The modern society fantastic spirit... Hate this. Sorry for you and hope you get a good insurance.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Johnnyr
England
Rep
Drives: F20 116D Sport (on it's way)

Thank you, it's not too deep and hopefully the local paint man will polish it out, but it's a pain!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Sorry to hear this.
One week after getting my F20 I parked at a shopping centre. Coming back to the car I found that someone (the car besides) had damaged the left corner of the rear bumper. Only a paint job, but very irritating. Needless to say the driver didn't leave any message.
After that I always park as remote from the entrance as possible, where there normally are lots of vacant spots. And not next to another car if possible.
      06-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
misanty
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D GT

I am the same - much to the frustration of the other half - I chose a spot well away from the doors and enjoy a little walk to the shop knowing I have a better chance of coming back to an undamaged car.

Caught an old man (about 75) trying to leave his shopping trolley next to my other car the other day - as I wondered back to it I saw him trying to dump it next to the car and fighting with it as it kept trying to roll into my car. If I hadn't shown up when I did I am sure I would have found another scratch on the disco3.

Nothing pisses me off more than how [some] people have no respect for others or their property.
Appreciate 0