E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Think BMW would buy my 335i back?

11-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
07E92SGLB335
Rep
Drives: 335i

Cool Think BMW would buy my 335i back?

I just did the priority email option on bmwusa.com, offering to let them buy my 12/06 build E92 335 coupe back. My service history SUMMARY is 11 pages in length and I have to take it back 2 more times this week.

Has anyone ever been offered money for their car by BMW? I love it and want to keep it until 12/10 when the warranty is up, but it's costing them a small fortune to repair it BI-WEEKLY. I'd hate to see this car go to auction when I trade it in.

Ironically, I've never had the HPFP replaced and it really doesn't run that hot
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
07E92SGLB335
Rep

I guess not. I was just trying to help BMW here. Oh well, back to the dealership.

Quote:
Dear :

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your 335i. I was sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with your BMW. Please accept my apologies for the frustration and inconvenience you have experienced.

Please be assured the quality of our vehicles receives our constant attention, nevertheless, despite our best efforts, a problem may occur with a particular vehicle or component. We appreciate your feedback on the 335i, and will use your comments to improve our future models.

I suggest speaking directly with the service manager at your BMW center about the issues you have experienced with your BMW. The service manager has access to BMW engineering and regional representatives who are in the best position to review your concerns.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Trista Steed
Customer Relations and Services
Representative

-----Original Message-----

To: custserv <CustomerService@bmwusa.com>
Subject: Vehicle Products

ModelYear: 2007
MfgNme: BMW
ModelNme: 335i Coupe

ContactBy: email
ContactPhone:
ContactTime:
Comments: I wanted to make someone aware that I'd be willing to work something out to let you crush this 335i coupe. I love the car but I realize it's costing you thousands of dollars under the warranty/maintenance program. I'm taking it back in for more repairs today and later this week, but if these electrical/mechanical problems persist, you're going lose a ton of money on this vehicle. There's still over a year left on the factory plan, so let me know if anyone wants to buy this car from me. It really makes no difference to me - I will continue having it repaired biweekly.
CustomerNo:
AccountId:
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Cookiemonster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335XI e92

Talk to the GM and the Service manager. I am in the same situation. At first they thought I owened the car and offered me a free extended warranty. When I told them it was a lease they offered me to hand my car in early if I wanted to with no penalties.....like 6 months left. I think BMW has a deal with dealers regarding crappy BMW's. Oh by the way...They approched me. I think I am going to stick with what I got...I hate to get a new car before winter.
      11-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
07E92SGLB335
Rep

thanks for your suggestion..

The car was leased for a short period of time at first, then sold to this older man who didn't know anything about cars, then he sold it to me for cheap. DeSimone actually told him a manager there owned it and that it wasn't previously titled. I saw this coming, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I still paid less than the current trade in value, but I'd just hate to see someone get this car out of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
07E92SGLB335
Rep

I have a meeting with the GM/regional engineer next Wednesday, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

If they take this car from me I will reveal my real identity I haven't told you guys half the problems i've been having. This is the ultimate devil car.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
amdmaxx
My gift Registry: M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Mowner of Monster

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #7
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07E92SGLB335 View Post
I have a meeting with the GM/regional engineer next Wednesday, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

If they take this car from me I will reveal my real identity I haven't told you guys half the problems i've been having. This is the ultimate devil car.
well you sound like a member on here called xtremecruiser who's e93 leaks, but you say you have an e92. none of us here can prove you wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if that was you
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
stevenqdz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi e90

Garage List
2008 e90 335xi  [0.00]
just trade the car in some other dealership and get some other car..... but really should trade it in b4 the warranty ends
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

With all due respect did you really think that email would garner a result? If every time someone sent vague email like that they agreed to buy a car back they would be buying a lot of car. If you are serious about trying to sell the car back to them you will need to take the time to make a real argument. I think you are likely beyond your chance in terms of months owned to lemon law the car so they will not likely buy the car back based on a general, my car spends lots of time in the shop email. If you share some of the problem history we might be able to help you with the argument

Tom
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
With all due respect did you really think that email would garner a result? If every time someone sent vague email like that they agreed to buy a car back they would be buying a lot of car. If you are serious about trying to sell the car back to them you will need to take the time to make a real argument. I think you are likely beyond your chance in terms of months owned to lemon law the car so they will not likely buy the car back based on a general, my car spends lots of time in the shop email. If you share some of the problem history we might be able to help you with the argument

Tom
Yeah I agree. That email you sent was pitiful. Sounded like a child wrote that or that it was a joke.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #11
PTinVT
armchair enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi, 02 325Cic, 93 850Ci

I don't think you can "lemon" a car that you didn't buy brand new... and no way in hell will BMW corp buy a used car back unless it's a collectible/museum piece.
'71 Buick Riviera, 455 V8 land yacht

Last edited by PTinVT; 12-04-2009 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Yeah I agree. That email you sent was pitiful. Sounded like a child wrote that or that it was a joke.
Could the OP have possibly intended it as anything but a joke?

"Dear BMW, as a favor to you I am willing to let you do a buyback on my car so you can avoid having to spend any more money fixing it."

I would have laughed my ass off if I was a customer service rep and that came through. If the car has problems BMW is going to be paying to fix it regardless of who owns it. And the OP inferring that someone else is going to carry the burden of the car's repair history is riotously absurd. The only person that's going to take the hit here is the OP himself when dealers offer him $10K for the car because it can't be certified or they don't want to touch it because of the claims history.

If there's one thing that I've learned about BMWs it's that there's seldom a free lunch with them. You either spend the money up front for a new or certified car, or you save some money and typically give some (or all) of it back in repair and service costs and/or getting crushed at sale time because you bought a car that was someone else's problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #13
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep
Drives: girls krazy

hahah that email the OP sent was hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
07E92SGLB335
Rep

FYI, I am not the person with the E93. They solved the oil problem by replacing both turbos. The exhaust-side turbo was leaking oil into the exhaust. They replaced the exhaust as well.

I had the windshield replaced (twice, but first time was my fault), cigarette lighter (I put my finger in it to see why it wasn't working and it shot sparks everywhere haha), and more turn signal bulbs in the last two weeks. The first windshield replaced had "bad adhesive", aka the rear-view mirror fell off.

They're over $13k in repairs since July. I'm taking it in again next week for regular maintenance/brakes/etc and they're going to check the front end for these new vibrations.

The car is a complete defect. I had a non-bmw dealership offer me $26k on trade-in but I'm going to wait until May when the inspection is up...or maybe I'll go ahead and post it on the for sale forum here !!! mint condition !!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #15
sleepyx637
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

how about posting up your service history?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #16
07E92SGLB335
Rep

i made a list on this thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=361098&page=4

DVD player (stopped working)
CD player (wouldn't eject the whole way)
Navigation (screen died, flashed idrive)
Rear-view mirror (compass flashing)
Windshield (bad adhesive on replaced windshield)
Turbos (exhaust-side turbo leaked oil)
Exhaust (due to turbo issue)
Transmission seal (no idea)
Passenger side seat belt arm (broke)
LATCH trim piece (broke)
3x door trim pieces
steering wheel (plastic chipping off)
cigarette lighter (broke)
Steering sensor (gave faulty warnings)
front-end aligned (vibration issues ongoing)
Several unusual maintenance items.

The service history I have printed out was from last September. When I get rid of the car I'll get a new one and post it on here for all to see

I'm still not sure how I want to get rid of the car, because I don't know what to get next. Obviously not a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #17
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTinVT View Post
I don't think you can "lemon" a car that you didn't buy brand new... and no way in hell will BMW corp buy a used car back unless it's a collectible/museum piece.
My aunt had a M3 csl lightweight, TOO BAD she didn't keep it....that thing I think listed for almost 40k in 1996???? But she got it at a huge discount because nobody really wanted a M3 with no radio and no air cond. Today, it would be a nice car to keep....
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #18
faz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 x40i, 2018 330i F30

I actually liked the OP's approach...giving BMW a chance to crush the problem car instead of spending corporate money on repairs. BMW should have approached the OP themselves though... someone inside must have looked and said 'shit, this car is costing us an arm and a leg... can't we just replace it with a different one for the guys and call it a day?'
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #19
runrider
I pretend to be smart.
Rep
Drives: '06 325i 6MT 39k

The only cars that are as nice to drive as BMWs are just as faulty.
Looks like somebody wants a FWD Japanese luxury car...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #20
runrider
I pretend to be smart.
Rep
Drives: '06 325i 6MT 39k

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
I actually liked the OP's approach...giving BMW a chance to crush the problem car instead of spending corporate money on repairs. BMW should have approached the OP themselves though... someone inside must have looked and said 'shit, this car is costing us an arm and a leg... can't we just replace it with a different one for the guys and call it a day?'
I agree... although when they say "this car cost $XX,000 to fix", they mean retail. They probably wouldnt consider the markup "loss".
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #21
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Actually I don't think it costs as much as people might think. Plus, they make customers jump through hoops to get anything fixed, which saves $$$ and pushes the extended warranties.

Let's face it, we like the brand, and we like the way they drive, or we wouldn't even be here, right? Just a shame how many times we have to go back to the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #22
Gotadime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 Camaro

I personally think that this thread is comical. OP, I really am sorry that you've had to go through all of those problems with your car. That really isn't right. But I'm sure that after you get rid of that thing, you won't be able to keep from laughing at how ridiculous it was. That e-mail you sent them was just classic. I really can't get over how funny it was that so many things could go wrong on one car...what bad luck. I hope things work out for you.

I specialize in Automotive Photography. Visit my site here.
Appreciate 0