BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Ordered my BMW!

10-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #23
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanis View Post
Great car and excellent specs!! Congratulations and I wish you to enjoy it to the Max!!
Thanks so much. When I get it i'll post pics for everyone
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #24
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Unfortunately it usually takes 3 months from date of order to actually driving it off the floor. I've ordered 3 series cars before and like you experienced I too got them within 3 weeks as they are built in Pretoria.

In the case of my 1 series it had to be built in Leipzig Germany.
Ah okay. A 'proper' german car
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #25
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
So a little birdie called me this afternoon to tell me that "A special vehicle has just arrived at our dealership". The little blue beamer now needs to go through the final Pre Delivery Inspection, get its S&G lamination put onto it's windows and get its identity. It will be ready by next week Monday But here's the bad news... It's now the hardest wait out of the lot as I promised myself that I would only get it once I finish all my exams. Kind of regretting that promise but I always keep my word, so 25 days to go excluding today.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #26
altaaf999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i ///M Sport ///M Perf

production complete: 16th Sept
arrived at your dealership: 31st Oct
- so basically your saying it takes about a month and a half for the car to arrive at a south African dealership from Germany?
my f32 is currently in production, with production expected to end tomorrow ( 12 - 11 - 2013). assuming production does end tomorrow can I expect the car to be at my dealership in Durban by 31 Dec 2013? is that likely? because on the bmw website they approximate that my car will only reach here by the end of Jan 2014. I hope they are just playing it safe with those dates
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #27
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by altaaf999 View Post
production complete: 16th Sept
arrived at your dealership: 31st Oct
- so basically your saying it takes about a month and a half for the car to arrive at a south African dealership from Germany?
my f32 is currently in production, with production expected to end tomorrow ( 12 - 11 - 2013). assuming production does end tomorrow can I expect the car to be at my dealership in Durban by 31 Dec 2013? is that likely? because on the bmw website they approximate that my car will only reach here by the end of Jan 2014. I hope they are just playing it safe with those dates
If the process of your vehicle takes the exact same amount of time as mine then according to my calculations:
If your vehicle production complete status is: Tuesday 12th November then
your estimated date of ship docking at Durban port will be: Thursday 19th December
Depending on your location, your vehicle should arrive at the dealership by: Friday 27th December and should be ready to collect by Monday 30th December or Tuesday 31st December that's if all of this went according to exactly what I experienced.

But here's the BUT... and in your case there is a BUT. You've got to remember that we've got holidays in between all of this so in my opinion just out of experience of getting hopes up, rather set your mind to take delivery of your BMW within the 2nd week of January 2014.

But you never know with BMW, sometimes they pull miracles out of their ar$es, what you should do is have a chat with your sales consultant and ask if there's a possibility of taking delivery this year.

Keep in mind that you've payed a boat load of money for your vehicle so you can ask your sales consultant as many questions as you want.

I hope I've sort of helped you out If not message me all you want
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #28
altaaf999
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
If the process of your vehicle takes the exact same amount of time as mine then according to my calculations:
If your vehicle production complete status is: Tuesday 12th November then
your estimated date of ship docking at Durban port will be: Thursday 19th December
Depending on your location, your vehicle should arrive at the dealership by: Friday 27th December and should be ready to collect by Monday 30th December or Tuesday 31st December that's if all of this went according to exactly what I experienced.

But here's the BUT... and in your case there is a BUT. You've got to remember that we've got holidays in between all of this so in my opinion just out of experience of getting hopes up, rather set your mind to take delivery of your BMW within the 2nd week of January 2014.

But you never know with BMW, sometimes they pull miracles out of their ar$es, what you should do is have a chat with your sales consultant and ask if there's a possibility of taking delivery this year.

Keep in mind that you've payed a boat load of money for your vehicle so you can ask your sales consultant as many questions as you want.

I hope I've sort of helped you out If not message me all you want
-My question to you is how far off was the BMW website Track My Ordered Vehicle with regards to the date they said your car will arrive compared to the date the car actually arrived? I think they adjust the dates on the website as the process goes along. initially they were saying 28th Jan now a week after my production has ended they quoting a 22nd Jan delivery date. how far off were ur initial dates?? my b'day in Jan the 2nd so im praying, by some miracle....! you are right in my case there is a BUT... also, perhaps in SA more ppl order new cars for the new year so there might be a bigger backlog with logistics and shipping ... but im just praying for the best U NEVER KNOW!! **
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
-My question to you is how far off was the BMW website Track My Ordered Vehicle with regards to the date they said your car will arrive compared to the date the car actually arrived? I think they adjust the dates on the website as the process goes along. initially they were saying 28th Jan now a week after my production has ended they quoting a 22nd Jan delivery date. how far off were ur initial dates?? my b'day in Jan the 2nd so im praying, by some miracle....! you are right in my case there is a BUT... also, perhaps in SA more ppl order new cars for the new year so there might be a bigger backlog with logistics and shipping ... but im just praying for the best U NEVER KNOW!! **
The BMW website website was accurate up to the point where it shows the production complete.

Then from there the date of the VDC, Price Month and Delivery Week stayed basically the same maybe changed once or twice while my BMW was on the ship but I was tracking the ship the whole time so I knew exactly where my vehicle was and what its ETA was (Not via the BMW website).

Once the ship docked the VDC and Price Month date changed a few more times but was out by max a week until it was actually complete, then the dates where 100% accurate.

The waiting part is really cr@p but it actually helped when I could follow the ship and find out exactly where it was...

Your best bet is to ask your sales consultant to put your vehicle on "Priority"/"First priority" one of those my sales consultant asked me if I wanted, which speeds up the process probably by a week or two, I didn't take this option as I already knew I was only going to take delivery of my BMW late November. But for you it will be an option to take.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #30
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats... Excellent specs

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 02:22 AM   #31
altaaf999
Enlisted Member
Rep

just heard some extremely disturbing news today. apparently the VDC in Pretoria closes between Dec 20th and Jan 5th.... there goes my chances of receiving my car early 2014! disappointed !!!! ((((
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #32
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
just heard some extremely disturbing news today. apparently the VDC in Pretoria closes between Dec 20th and Jan 5th.... there goes my chances of receiving my car early 2014! disappointed !!!! ((((
Shit man, sorry to hear that But look on the bright side, the longer it takes for you to receive your car the sweeter the reward will be when you take delivery of it

I haven't even taken delivery of mine yet and it's been ready for weeks now but it's gonna be worth the wait when I take delivery next week Monday.

Keep positive
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #33
altaaf999
Enlisted Member
Rep

any idea what shipping company BMW South Africa uses to bring the cars from Germany?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #34
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Unfortunately not, there's many they use. Mine was on a ship called "Grand Orion" but I asked my Sales consultant what the name of the ship was. Keep in mind that they only know what the ships name is once the vehicle is being boarded onto the ship, so you may have to wait a few days before they give you the name. It's awesome tracking a ship though
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #35
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Hi All, Took delivery of my beamer today. Here's the link to the pics:
http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917687
Appreciate 0