BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Harrassed because I drive a BMW?

Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #67
Keyser Soze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535

I definitely get a different set of angry drivers around me when I switch back and forth from my 535 to my Silverado.

Everyone hates me in the BMW (any BMW will do) and there is a definite feel of "you think yer better than me, boy!" vibe going on while it appears only small cars hate me in the truck and they flip out if they are behind me for even 5 seconds. I do definitely try to drive the truck much more responsibly than other pickup truck drivers I am surrounded with (by pulling over for faster/smaller cars, not force merging, not tailgating or being a bro-truck esque' aggressive douche, etc).
2001 E46 330Ci Sport, Steel Grey, 5-speed MT....and more
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #68
SFCM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Huh? I was considering moving to the Portland area a couple of years ago and how dang slow everyone there drives is one of the things that turned me away from that idea! People acted like I was a nut because I wanted to go 70mph in the fast lane on the freeway (everybody was at like 60mph there)!
Portland Metro is a different story, but anywhere outside was nutz.
      Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #69
Fareed2997
Registered
Rep
Drives: 435i M sport

wow smh ppl are crazy. just do u man
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:38 AM   #70
The Libertine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Really don’t think it has anything to do with you owning a BMW; instead, I think drivers, generally, have less patience and are more inclined to take offense and respond aggressively.

I say this because there are countless reports of road rage on the news, each involving a variety of cars (Subaru, Nissan, Jeep, etc.). Not saying that a jealous SOB won’t act a certain way towards you out of spite; however, most likely, they’re reacting to you, and not the car you’re driving.

Be safe out there.
Appreciate 0