BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW @ AutoChina 2012 Beijing.

04-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

BMW @ AutoChina 2012 Beijing.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com

Now one of the most "Significant" Autoshows alternating with Shanghai.
BMW are taking the spotlight with the World Premiere of the BMW Concept i8 Spyder.
Beijing will also be the introduction of a car expected of great things in the Chinese market - The BMW 3erLi which will also premiere alongside with the standard 3er model.
Making their Asian premieres will be the BMW M6 , BMW 6er Gran Coupe , BMW X1 , BMW X6 and the BMW M135i Concept.

Also making a World Premiere is a car currently shrouded in mystery.

A live report from Beijing will come on Monday.
Attached Images

04-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Al-Muthamid
Driver
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Yet to be built but fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Now one of the most "Significant" Autoshows alternating with Shanghai.
BMW are taking the spotlight with the World Premiere of the BMW Concept i8 Spyder.
Beijing will also be the introduction of a car expected of great things in the Chinese market - The BMW 3erLi which will also premiere alongside with the standard 3er model.
Making their Asian premieres will be the BMW M6 , BMW 6er Gran Coupe , BMW X1 , BMW X6 and the BMW M135i Concept.

A live report from Beijing will come on Monday.
Nice... so no news...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
latum
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: e87 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Anybody has an idea of what the mysterious car could be?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

The i8 look awesome!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW 7 Series LCI.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

what's a bigger show - beijing or shanghai?
      04-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

If that image is official and then doctored to hide the contents I am imagining it is the Launch of both the 7 LCI and an M Performance 7, based on the tarmac used and the last spy shots of the 7 being on the 'Ring. The 7 LCI was rumored to go live in China earlier in the year.

The LCI will also feature the new iDrive and drive train upgrades (N63 now with Valvetronic & 8 Speed ZF auto).
      04-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
If that image is official and then doctored to hide the contents I am imagining it is the Launch of both the 7 LCI and an M Performance 7, based on the tarmac used and the last spy shots of the 7 being on the 'Ring. The 7 LCI was rumored to go live in China earlier in the year.

The LCI will also feature the new iDrive and drive train upgrades (N63 now with Valvetronic & 8 Speed ZF auto).
The Image was posted on BMW's facebook page since Friday.
The new 7er comes with a whole lot of changes across the range including engines, Technology , Active Hybrid , ConnectedDrive , EfficientDynamics and minor styling refresh.

Greetings from Beijing, China.
Once again we find ourselves on a very exciting AutoChina and Beijing aims to surpass last years AutoChina event in Shanghai.
Both Shanghai and Beijing have now found theirselves to be highly significant autoshows coming immediately after Geneva and before the the Autumn event of either Paris or Frankfurt.
2012 also allows the AutoChina event to come after instead of during the New York international Autoshow and will also happen in 2013 with Shanghai 2013 happening after the NYIAS.
With China the worlds largest car market and also the largest market for luxury products , the emphasis on showcase is very much apparent with nearly all European manufacturers demonstrating a new model or Concept car.

To understand the immense significance in Beijing to the European contingent is to look at the stands with both BMW and Mercedes-Benz constructing almost the size of a football stadium to accomodate its main showstoppers - the Mercedes-Benz Concept Style Coupe and the BMW i8 Spyder Concept.

As we speak the pre-show events are already in play with the VAG "Whorefest" commencing , The Bentley SUV is here in Beijing , having skipped the NYIAS which was strange since the US is Bentleys largest market. It looks as if the production VW Beetle R is premiereing in Beijing as a Blue one was snuck into the halls earlier.
Land Rover launched their Victoria Beckham "inspired" Evoque which on first appearances is less vacuous than first thought.

Because of the time difference between East and West , launches will be late coming so please be patient , if you remember the Gran Coupe on how you were all waiting and in some cases all night for the car to be revealed.

I will report from Beijing with pictures of the latest BMW's and of course other manufacturers.

In the meantime here is a star of the Beijing show the BMW i8 Concept Spyder waiting to pounce.
Attached Images

Last edited by SCOTT26; 04-22-2012 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

I remember reading something on here saying that BMW would reveal an unnamed "emotional" concept. Was that the i8 spyder? I will try to find a link to it. It was on some 2012 preview thread.

I don't think the blurred image is any new model. I think someone at BMW was bored and started a game similar to Motortrend's Mystery Vehicle.
Appreciate 0