BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Replacement ENTRYNAV, straight swap possible?

12-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
Elmo111
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d Urban

Replacement ENTRYNAV, straight swap possible?

Hi all,

I've run into a problem with my iDrive constantly rebooting every 45 seconds or so. BMW have told me that my ENTRYNAV unit is dead and I'll need a new one. At £1000+ fitting, I'll pass on that generous offer...

BMW kindly said they would attempt to reprogram the unit for me and have left it what appears to be completely useless, this time not even outputting an image, which means I've now lost access to PDC, and warning notifications etc.

If I was to acquire the exact same unit (no nav), what steps would I take in coding the vehicle to match the old ENTRYNAV unit, including FSC certs and what not?

Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
M3nt4l
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20, BMW E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo111 View Post
Hi all,

I've run into a problem with my iDrive constantly rebooting every 45 seconds or so. BMW have told me that my ENTRYNAV unit is dead and I'll need a new one. At £1000+ fitting, I'll pass on that generous offer...

BMW kindly said they would attempt to reprogram the unit for me and have left it what appears to be completely useless, this time not even outputting an image, which means I've now lost access to PDC, and warning notifications etc.

If I was to acquire the exact same unit (no nav), what steps would I take in coding the vehicle to match the old ENTRYNAV unit, including FSC certs and what not?

Thanks everyone!
The reboot loop is a common issue and a flash of the Headunit to the latest version solves the issue. I have done this on many units.

In respect of your question If you were to replace the Headunit, you could obtain a plug and play unit which won't require anything as it will have everything preloaded (FSC codes, VIN etc)
Sat Nav Map Updates
SLI FSC
Appreciate 0