BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Alpine Audio Upgrade

07-09-2019, 07:38 AM   #89
zeocool
Rep
Drives: bmw f21

Garage List
2013 bmw 118d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonF1982 View Post
I'm entertaining the idea of getting the Alpine audio upgrade. Does anyone have any experience with this on the F20, or the E8x models?

What could I expect to gain from upgrading? Is it worth it, etc. Any other related advise also welcome.

I've gone with Audison
I had a demonstration of both and found the audison to be far superior in its fine details.

It cost a lot though and that's even with fitting it yourself , so maybe not what you're looking for.

Do you have a budget in mind?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 05:21 AM   #90
Victor8490
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21

I have installed the kit on my f21 and the difference with the previous sound is great. the only thing that I have a problem m, when I don't play music I have a constant buzz that although it is small is annoying. I don't know where the problem is coming from. but I'm thinking that it comes from the Insulate branch A4 cable, what should we do with it? I have it simply disconnected, just like the cables I replace with those of the kit in the door frames. Should I put electrical tape on them? Regards, and thank you very much
Appreciate 0