BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Wiring help needed BMW f20

05-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
Millsie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Wiring help needed BMW f20

Hi all, new to the forums so hopefully I am doing this right.
I am desperate for some help!
Have been trying to fit a dedicated electrics kit from pfjones to my partners 2014 1 series f20.
I have fitted 2 Towbars on bmw cards with no issues, a 2008 E90 and a 2013 E84, instructions were ok and all good.
This car however I am having trouble. Instructions say in the front foot well the connector A173*7B FEM (I think it’s referred to) has orange/green and green wires to connect to, these should be can bus wires, but I am not sure it is correct. These are twisted together tightly so as to untwist so as to crimp on the connectors I took the connector off and released the connector blocks and it comes out of the casing, there are then two half’s of the connector, black half and a white half. I then released the pins from the block for the orange/green and green and STUPIDLY didn’t take note of where they came from, I thought I had a men5al note of where they come from, I am an IDIOT before anyone says it!
What I really would like is a picture of this connector, without its casing so that you can see the colours, I know they have come out of the black half! But there are several empty positions.
I have started the car after reconnecting the battery, and then I put all back together as I have had enough for the day. Just sitting here feeling sick, I went out to start the car and test wipers lights etc to make sure ok for other half to drive to work on Monday, but the centre console is dead, no lighting, no heater, and radio does not switch on so I assume the pins are in the wrong position.
This is probably easy for some people on here reading the upgrades they do so all that I am asking is for a picture of this connector from up to year 2014 as they seem to change things after this date......
Very sorry this is a long post and hopefully someone can help, just need another car to look at!!!
I have attached a picture of the connector, just got this off the net, as it’s dark outside now! It’s the white connector to the right with the loom going upwards...

Update, panic over, have found a few wiring diagrams online, wires should of gone in pins 33 and 34. All working now!
Attached Images

Last edited by Millsie; 05-12-2019 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Found answer
Appreciate 0