BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Sigma DP1, Leica D-lux3, or the Powershot G9

09-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Sigma DP1, Leica D-lux3, or the Powershot G9

Ok guys, heres the deal, I've been shopping around for a P&S capable of shooting in RAW format and Manual settings... I'm torn between the Sigma DP1, Lecia D-lux3 and the Powershot G9.... Could you guys chime in on these cameras? I will be mainly shooting landscapes and buildings (still objects) with the occasional portraits and of course automobiles..

I've only heard good things about the Sigma DP1 and the image processor and the "DSLR-like" sensor.. The price is a bit iffy though, seems like I could get a Xsi or Nikon D60 with the same amount of $$..

I like the overall design of the Leica and its wideangle feature (which would be really useful for shooting buildings and landscapes).. However, I have heard some complaints about the slow RAW formating and its shutter lagg... One of the biggest and by biggest I mean the only thing that is holding me back from buying this is that there is NO VIEWFINDER.... I am trying to see how I am going to get by this one.. I am still (unfortunately) a noob when it comes to photography so it would help a lot if I was able to see how my pictures were coming out at the spot. I found one on craigslist for $375, including all the origional packages, and the classic brown leather case.. I love the look of the Leica overall, its subtle yet sophisticated, while the G9 looks more like a rugged beast.... Did I mention that this was a Leica?

The Powershot G9 is more like the middle man of the two, and I originally was going to pick this up on craigslist for around $260.. I used to have a Xti so the controls and the features would be easier.. But this camera is a tad bulkier than I'd like. And I heard that there are picture distortions when zoomed out..

another option would be the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 which is similar to the Leica..
Appreciate 0