BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > A bunch of problems with my new (used) 120D

07-18-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
cikamatko
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 120D

A bunch of problems with my new (used) 120D

Hi!

With the purchase of my first bmw comes a plethora of problems.

One of them is something I noticed the other day - the physical key, as in the metal blade, isn't working. Remote lock/unlock works fine, but the physical key does nothing. Is there any solution to this?

Also, the passenger side door stopped locking and unlocking few days ago. Central locking button doesn't lock it as well. When listening to the door actuator, I don't hear anything. When locking it manually using the locking pin or the interior handle it works fine. Is it possible that the fuse is at fault? If yes, then are the correct fuses to check 22, 104, 150 and 163? If not, how difficult is to replace the actuator DIY?

The third problem is the AC. Sometimes when it's on and I turn it off (I have the manual AC) it keeps cooling, and sometimes it's the other way around.

Another one is the problem with the microphone. Making phonecalls using the paired phone (galaxy S8) over bluetooth, I can hear the other person but he can't hear me. I tried using the voice commands but it doesn't work either. I have the combox in the boot if that's of any help.

The final - and the scaries one - is of mechanical nature. I noticed the car squirling when driving over bigger bumps in the corners, almost like it's skipping, and I feel the need to catch the wheel, feeling like it would lose control otherwise.
I read somewhere to rock the car when it's stationary and it should come to a stop in a 2 or 3 swings, I don't know if that even makes sense. Anyway, it's hard to even rock it at all, and when I do, it comes to an immediate stop. As far as I know it has the sport suspension. The front tires are Achilles 225/35 ZR 19 88 W and the rear ones are Mozzo Duraturn 225/35 R19 88Y XL.

My VIN is : WBA1C31040E955265

Hope some of you guys can help me with at least some of the problems and thank you so, so much for your time in advance.
Appreciate 0