BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Bmw m140i LCI2 shadow business nav upgrade HELP

05-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
Josiahfurnival
Rep
Drives: Bmw m140i shadow edition

Bmw m140i LCI2 shadow business nav upgrade HELP

I have recently purchased an m140i shadow with business nav LCI2 but looking to upgrade to the pro nav screen ; as the business nav looks odd in the car. However, i am unsure on whether i need just the screen or the whole unit. I have all the features on the business nav (bmw connected services etc) so would i need just a screen (and coding) to give me all the pro nav features? Ive added a pic to one i have seen online to purchase - any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 02:48 AM   #2
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

The beauty of LCI2 is that Business and Pro Media, unlike when the F20 debuted, have the same head unit. You only need a screen and coding.

I've ordered my M140i without Pro Media so that I can save £900 by picking up a used 8.8 screen on eBay for £250 and upgrade my car.
      05-29-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
Josiahfurnival
Rep
Drives: Bmw m140i shadow edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
The beauty of LCI2 is that Business and Pro Media, unlike when the F20 debuted, have the same head unit. You only need a screen and coding.

I've ordered my M140i without Pro Media so that I can save £900 by picking up a used 8.8 screen on eBay for £250 and upgrade my car.
Ah sweet! Is there any particular model of screen i need to be looking for? I have seen alot of 8.8 inch screens but unsure which ones will be compatible? E.g. year of production? And what does the back of the screen need to look like I've seen 2 styles. In terms of coding.. would bimmercode do the trick?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 03:37 PM   #4
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiahfurnival View Post
Ah sweet! Is there any particular model of screen i need to be looking for? I have seen alot of 8.8 inch screens but unsure which ones will be compatible? E.g. year of production? And what does the back of the screen need to look like I've seen 2 styles. In terms of coding.. would bimmercode do the trick?

Thanks!
You need a RHD screen for the F20. However the F30 right hand screen works too.

I haven't done the retrofit yet because I haven't taken delivery of my car yet. In the mean time here are some threads about part number and coding the larger screen resolution.

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewto...98564&start=30 https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1253651

Many eBay listings have a 30 day return policy so you can always get a refund if you have ordered the wrong screen.
      04-15-2021, 04:58 AM   #5
nicolacana
Italy
Rep
Drives: F20 lci2 125d stageI+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiahfurnival View Post
I have recently purchased an m140i shadow with business nav LCI2 but looking to upgrade to the pro nav screen ; as the business nav looks odd in the car. However, i am unsure on whether i need just the screen or the whole unit. I have all the features on the business nav (bmw connected services etc) so would i need just a screen (and coding) to give me all the pro nav features? Ive added a pic to one i have seen online to purchase - any help would be appreciated.

Hi everyone,
I really cannot understand it reading from also from other forums.

I have a F20 LCI2 2018 with small screen navigator (from realoem 65506837128). I think its the evo one (the one with big vertical rectangles in menu page).

I would like to upgrade to the 8.5" one.

Do I just need to buy the screen and plug it or also the head unit?
(from realoem is this 65508709339?) will it work?

And other questions:
Will the controller work? will the touchscreen work?

Thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:37 AM   #6
connermurphy
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolacana View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a F20 LCI2 2018 with small screen navigator (from realoem 65506837128). I think its the evo one (the one with big vertical rectangles in menu page).

And other questions:

Thank you very much
Hey, I saw on another forum that with 2018+ LCI2 models you should be fine to buy the part number you specified and swap straight out with just some coding. Make sure you have HU_EntryNav2 (which you should). If the right coding is set, the touch screen should also work. As for the iDrive controller, you would need to swap out the head unit I think.

I have a 2019 LCI2 with Business Nav with the 6.5" screen. I have ordered the 8.8" screen with 65508709338. Hoping it will be here for the weekend and I can get it coded in. I will let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 09:28 AM   #7
nicolacana
Italy
Rep
Drives: F20 lci2 125d stageI+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by connermurphy View Post
Quote:
Hi everyone,

And other questions:

Thank you very much
Hey, I saw on another forum that with 2018+ LCI2 models you should be fine to buy the part number you specified and swap straight out with just some coding. Make sure you have HU_EntryNav2 (which you should). If the right coding is set, the touch screen should also work. As for the iDrive controller, you would need to swap out the head unit I think.

I have a 2019 LCI2 with Business Nav with the 6.5" screen. I have ordered the 8.8" screen with 65508709338. Hoping it will be here for the weekend and I can get it coded in. I will let you know how it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by connermurphy View Post
Quote:
Hi everyone,

And other questions:

Thank you very much

Thank you mate! Let me know if it works
Appreciate 0